Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new MYP on delivery with range 289

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Air suspension will be way more expensive in terms of initial cost and maintenance cost vs. DCC or any adjustable type suspension. If Lucid can make the ride great without the air suspension setup, Tesla should be able to do that as well.
has nothing to do with that compared to dcc, i want air suspension simple to have the easy of adjusting ride height, on my b16 damptronics for my R i would have to take the swindle to crank the heigh up and down at each corner, air ride especially in the winter time is super handy to ride high when needed to get through snow and then low when desired.

Having DCC before it has its benefits and also it’s downsides. Depends. I’d rather air suspension and would gladly pay 5k for and option on the Y rather than DCC. I’d rather a b16 style suspension to adjust manually corner to corner rather than DCC. I’ve had suspensions of all kinds. They all have there advantages and disadvantages. There are cars over 100-200k that don’t have adjustable suspension from factory. Price is not always the determining factor sadly. I do wish Tesla would give options though. I’d pay 2k to have ventilated seats but also I’m fine with out them too. To me out of all of this what Tesla should all have is 360 Birds Eye camera for backing up and stuff. More people would benefit from that than anything suspension wise.

Personally Im fine with the suspension as is. That said I also daily drove a C6 Corvette w/Z51 track package and manual transmission for 7 years on the pothole-ridden streets of DC. I don't mind the stiff stuff as helps keep the car stable & predictable when Im flying through corners at 2x-3x the speed limit. Granted if money were no object.. I'd would immediately upgrade the MYP, with the Ohlins GT suspension and trade away the heavy staggered 21" Ultraturbines for some lightweight 20" wheels, squared set up with all around with beefier tires for more performance, better ride, better looks, and easy tire rotations.

That said one of the reasons I couldn't justify trading my current Y.. for a new MYP when I had the chance.. was the MYP is just too similar to other versions of the Y. Many people are buying the MYP simply because it means they will get their Model Y delivered quicker. Has nothing to do with the extra acceleration, its shortens the wait to 1-2 months.. and the price increase is only $2,000 more if you were buying the optional 20" black Induction wheels anyways.

After three years of production, you would also think there would be other added options available now.. besides what is basically faster acceleration and black wheels. You already listed some of the more popular wants from existing owners. I would probably upgrade if Tesla offered options like adjustable/air suspension, color HUD, ventilated seats, 360 camera, true blindspot & cross-traffic monitoring. Don't even get me started on CarPlay/Android Auto. Having just test drove a used 2020 MYP at a VW dealer a week ago, while waiting for my wife's ID.4 to finish service. For the most part, that 2020 MYP and a new 2022 MYP seem identical inside & out. The biggest change appears to be the price increase.

Last edited:
Rated range is current battery capacity (e.g. in Wh) divided by rated consumption (e.g. in Wh/mi). The latter is a fixed constant for each model, and it doesn’t change over the life of the car. The only thing that changes is the battery capacity. Driving style, outdoor temperatures, etc. do not impact the rated consumption constant.

A battery “balance” as suggested may inform the algorithm that determines true battery capacity. Short of that, I’d also be a bit concerned and would raise it with my Service Center.

Air suspension will be way more expensive in terms of initial cost and maintenance cost vs. DCC or any adjustable type suspension. If Lucid can make the ride great without the air suspension setup, Tesla should be able to do that as well.

Dont forget the Mustang GT Performance also comes STOCK with MagneRide adjustable suspension. If Ford dealers weren't marking them up.. and Ford didn't limit the power after 5 seconds of sustained hard acceleration.. it would be a very attractive competitor to the MYP.

I believe the upcoming KIA EV6 GT will also have adaptive dampening.

Last edited:
i have heard from many over the past 4 months say they love the new ride even on bumpy roads. theres a thread on here and at the end most of the people who say its to harsh for them seem to never have had a sports car or suv before, if you want ubur luxury or soft plush rider then a toyota/ lexus is for you. Price point of a car doesn't correlate to luxury ride. At the end of it the MYP and M3P are sports cars/suv and should be focused on feeling the road and the bumps. some think the suspension should be even more track focussed and rougher on bumpy/uneven roads and i can see that as you are more connected with the road
No they haven't...I've been reading the same threads...

It isn't just the MYP, but the MYLR as well...and simply putting different tires on a car doesn't make it a sports car...putting a spoiler on it doesn't make it a sports car....They're essentially the same car with some very minor mods....
And very few people actually think it should be more track focused..the actual use case and number of individuals using the car like that, are tiny. It would frankly, be ridiculous to cater to a minority, a vast majority of the MY buyers want an electric SUV and want a Tesla because of some of the good things/advancements Tesla has made....A vast majority are not looking to push the car and race it.
I'm coming from German cars...where you have both a nice ride and feel connected to the road....The Tesla, is comparison, is great on smooth roads...not on bumpy roads..the ride in the back is about as bad as it can be. I'm comparing it to other SUVs...I don't even remember the Cayenne being this bumpy (although I don't own one so I'm going off of memory).

The suspension is a common complaint...and still is. It appears that maybe it is better than early MYs but still has a long way to go. I will say, the difference between the MYP I test drove and the one I received, ride wise, is pretty significant....which to me made the small bump and things be a LOT better..but if you're going on a freeway (Los Angeles) with a number of imperfections on the freeway, it is very very noticeable vs other cars..