Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brexit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, IT'S OFFICIAL TESLA GIGAFACTORY 4 EUROPE WILL BE LOCATED IN BERLIN, GERMANY
1f1e9-1f1ea.png

I don't understand it. Why wouldn't Elon Musk put the new Gigafactory in Brexit Britain?

Does anybody have any idea?
While we wait I've been telling my German colleagues that a Berlin built Tesla will probably enjoy a similar status to those Mexican built Käfers...

Trump visiting UK just 10 days ahead of election. Boris will probably not make a big deal of it. Trump cannot help him but can cause him problems (political interference, association with Trump etc.). This discusses the Boris EU deal:
Can Boris Johnson really strike a free trade deal with the EU in 2020?
The last paragraph mentions the point that UK will need to choose to align with US regulations or EU. Presumably Boris will play each of them off against each other. Trump will move more which may make Barnier throw us a bone (inside 11 months?...). Boris would then go with EU regulations and limited world trade deals. I haven't seen a in depth review of the Boris deal - anyone?

Tories racing away:
Tory support up as Brexit Party backing dips, new poll shows

Conservatives continue to open up a bigger lead. However, what has surprised me is that Labour are also on the rise at the expense of Lib Dems. Public apparently do have appetite for non-Brexit politics.

Theresa May got caught out by Corbyn at this stage also.

Or maybe the public are indeed happy with Labour's Brexit policy. I dismissed it initially but I have found it to be more coherent recently. The timelines are impossible however.

Reactions: EVNow
It's difficult to get the truth - the other version I believe is that the majority of this documentation is pre Boris and doesn't really mention NHS - more general trade negotiation.
Yes - Johnson, like Trump, has perfected gaslighting.

Truth doesn't matter. They just lie and their supporting media and FB/Twitter operations make sure the base see just that.

Democracy as we knew it, is dead.

Reactions: Cogarch
Yes - Johnson, like Trump, has perfected gaslighting.

Truth doesn't matter. They just lie and their supporting media and FB/Twitter operations make sure the base see just that.

Democracy as we knew it, is dead.
Truth does matter and you are spreading the opposite.

The document in question is 3 years old and mentions the NHS four times in 451 pages. Should a Conservative government sign a free trade deal with the US that massively increased drug prices for the NHS, how do you suppose they would fare at the subsequent election? This is a nonsense.

This is a daft conspiracy theory dreamed up by a flailing Labour HQ to try and turn attention from the other issues.

The document in question is 3 years old and mentions the NHS four times in 451 pages.
I don’t see how it matters how many times it’s mentioned. Isn’t it about drug price control ? Moreover, listen to Trump’s statements.

The point though is, as i’ve Been saying all along, the assumption that as a smaller marker Britain will get better deals is nonsense.

• Disagree
Reactions: renim and Jetex Jim
I don’t see how it matters how many times it’s mentioned. Isn’t it about drug price control ? Moreover, listen to Trump’s statements.

The point though is, as i’ve Been saying all along, the assumption that as a smaller marker Britain will get better deals is nonsense.

I don't know about that, its more dependent on how skilled the negotiators are,
upload_2019-11-29_9-56-51.png

It is not in Trump’s power to enforce such terms on the UK any more than it’s in Johnson‘s power to force Trump to ratify the Paris Accord. You’re being as silly as Corbyn’s team is.

This is a totally concocted scandal, one of the several Hail Mary passes coming out of Labour HQ before and after the failed manifesto launch. Such as the totally uncosted £30k bung to a few million women in their 60s. Free broadband to everyone. A domestic tree planting programme equivalent to turning the whole of Wales into a forest. Issuing half a trillion of “government bonds” that mysteriously are also “not debt”.

Looking forward to see what they come up with next week.

Currently drafting our escape plan in the worst case, which seem worryingly likely.

l really want nothing more to do with this country if it endorses a majority Johnson government, in the full knowledge of his lies and his threatened
destruction of the UK's standing in the world.

Unfortunately I and many other people will be
trapped in this country if no reciprocal healthcare is negotiated with France or other EU27 country.

Interesting how the forecast conservative majority keeps going down. Seemingly due to the Lib dems' collapse in the polls.
Brexit party is now also imploding - this will help Conservatives probably more than Labour.
We will have a result in exactly one week - UK peeps more interested in the Christmas run-up. Labour have successfully moved the conversation away from Brexit as they did in 2017. A lot of folk would vote for a new credible centrist party with no skeletons - this vote seems to be more about keeping Corbyn or Boris out rather than getting one in. Corbyn not shaking the anti-semitism and Boris could get unstuck if he gets interviewed by Andrew Neil (or avoids).

Any move to shift the conversation from Brexit is a vote in favour of Brexit -- no surprise there from Corbyn.

As it is, the Tories have successfully avoided any scrutiny of their plan, which would shrivel into nothingness under any serious inspection.

Brexit party is now also imploding - this will help Conservatives probably more than Labour.
We will have a result in exactly one week - UK peeps more interested in the Christmas run-up. Labour have successfully moved the conversation away from Brexit as they did in 2017. A lot of folk would vote for a new credible centrist party with no skeletons - this vote seems to be more about keeping Corbyn or Boris out rather than getting one in. Corbyn not shaking the anti-semitism and Boris could get unstuck if he gets interviewed by Andrew Neil (or avoids).

For sure Andrew Neil's interview with Farage left Nigel gasping and humiliated. Given that Boris has at various times deployed many of the same arguments (that Neil lacerated) I expect Boris will do anything to avoid a grilling from Andrew Neil.

Here, for anyone who missed it the Neil/Farage encounter in full. Enjoy.

Reactions: EVNow
Tories hold 15-point lead over Labour with just days until election
This will translate to a significant majority if true. So how will this all turn out? One possible path:

• Brexit 31st Jan 2020 with Boris deal
  • EU agree a 5 year trade deal to kick in at the end of 2020
    • Quotas could reduce year on year
    • Boarder checks could increase over the 5 years
    • This would stop a cliff edge but allow Boris to start implementing other trade deals
    • Will EU position themselves in a way that would encourage UK to re-enter the EU?
  • Scots will initially complain but probably save their dry powder for the following election - see how Brexit unfolds
  • Smaller trade deals will kick in 2021
  • Larger deals will be constrained by continued (but reduced) EU alignment
  • UK request that we re-enter EU following election 2024
  • EU demands will be onerous, UK put on the back burner

Reactions: Cogarch