Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bricked battery repair UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is a long shot but can anyone advise on repair/replacement options for a bricked UK roadster battery?

I managed to connect a power pack to the 12v battery but couldn’t get past the security lock activated screen to put in to tow mode or download log files.

I’ve spoken to Gruber Motors in Phoenix who advised exploring local solutions but it may ultimately need shipping the whole car to the US For their repair. If this is the only option any guidance on who to use for shipping and costs etc would be great.

I know this is a long shot but can anyone advise on repair/replacement options for a bricked UK roadster battery?

I managed to connect a power pack to the 12v battery but couldn’t get past the security lock activated screen to put in to tow mode or download log files.

I’ve spoken to Gruber Motors in Phoenix who advised exploring local solutions but it may ultimately need shipping the whole car to the US For their repair. If this is the only option any guidance on who to use for shipping and costs etc would be great.
Contact Conrad Buck in Germany. He's rebuilt a number of PEMs and battery packs in Europe. @warden_clyffe

Contact Conrad Buck in Germany. He's rebuilt a number of PEMs and battery packs in Europe. @warden_clyffe

thanks I’ve messaged him

The battery died some time in March/April

it has been recovered to Tesla Brooklands and they’ve advised it needs HV battery and PEM replacement.

They’ve offered GBP £40600 as trade in value.

Is it worth accepting this or are there any repairers out there who are likely to offer more?

thanks I’ve messaged him

The battery died some time in March/April

it has been recovered to Tesla Brooklands and they’ve advised it needs HV battery and PEM replacement.

They’ve offered GBP £40600 as trade in value.

Is it worth accepting this or are there any repairers out there who are likely to offer more?
Unlikely to get better than tesla trade in value on private party, sad considering tesla is going to rip it apart piece by piece.

I wish it was on this side of the pond. a beauty.

it‘s safe with me in Germany now, nobody is going to rip it ;)

sad thing is, that those people who „found out“ PEM and ESS need replacement, never even looked properly.
When the vehicle reached me last week, 12v fuse was in and service disconnnect was still plugged. Whole pack was down to lower than 7 volt each sheet, wich is in my eyes unfortunately a write off and I‘m not going to make any experiments and look for replacement sheets. Any hint for a usable pack or sheets in Europe welcome !

This is a nice radiant red signature250, we‘ll do our best here to reanimate it...

@ henry: thx for making the connection !

> Whole pack was down to lower than 7 volt each sheet, which is in my eyes unfortunately a write off [warden_clyffe]

No ICU, ventilator or magical injections (or soup) for you!! Nice to know just where a Master draws the line.
--

Many of us in the U.S. have heard the legend of @warden_clyffe so it's great to hear this Sig250 is in your care Conrad!

Also, with @sdodnib's approval, we'd love to see photos of the patient so we can put a face with the VIN. So happy you rescued her from the clutches of the cannibals.
Happy for you to send some more Conrad.
here is one Conrad sent me from the Emergency Room

Attachments

• 2DD30045-76D4-4358-9C4C-96FB8EFCC5B0.jpeg
    2DD30045-76D4-4358-9C4C-96FB8EFCC5B0.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: Roadster