Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bring back EAP (to USA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the big question is whether someone who buys this 6k EAP will get FSDb-equivalent functionality once Tesla goes to a single stack of code. For older cars, they may need the HW3 computer retrofit. If some people never get that, then I would think they have to run the existing (old) AP/NoA code stack. If Tesla has to maintain that old branch, it's also possible (but IMO unlikely) that the 6k package remains the existing functionality until you buy the FSD package.

If in the future, NoA/Summon/Park is powered by the FSDb branch of code, then I think 6k might be a decent deal. But I would want this verified before putting down the 6k. The alternative is to hold off until single stack is a reality and then see how Tesla treats existing EAP cars.

That is a true statement - but conversely for any recent Tesla HW3 is standard.
I got the HW3 upgrade on my Model 3 when I bought FSD, mine was a 2018 with HW2.5 - but that isn't what I was replying to.
I was replying to the thread about EAP being a dead technology - which obviously it isn't, its just repackaged FSD (not beta).
I don't agree. If I buy it now and don't receive updates, that's pretty dead to me.
I guess I am in a dwindling set though, with HW 2.5

I'm on the fence about the whole thing. I like the idea of FSD, but tried the subscription on a few road trips and, in reality, I didn't like the few mildly terrifying experiences I had. But I really like AP and think eventually I will be getting FSD, it does seem to be improving. I would get EAP now if it was $4k AND the amount would count towards eventual purchase of FSD. Maybe even would spend the $6k now.

It would be ideal if they would count the monthly subscription towards a purchase of FSD or EAP. Would allow a lot of people to try it out more, and eventually just pay the full price if they choose. Can someone explain why they don't?

I'm on the fence about the whole thing. I like the idea of FSD, but tried the subscription on a few road trips and, in reality, I didn't like the few mildly terrifying experiences I had. But I really like AP and think eventually I will be getting FSD, it does seem to be improving. I would get EAP now if it was $4k AND the amount would count towards eventual purchase of FSD. Maybe even would spend the $6k now.

It would be ideal if they would count the monthly subscription towards a purchase of FSD or EAP. Would allow a lot of people to try it out more, and eventually just pay the full price if they choose. Can someone explain why they don't?
Counting FSD subscription toward an outright license purchase would be, in effect, an interest free loan.

You guys can criticized on how darn unreasonable the price of EAP, but in my country, all you can get is FSD, EAP is still not available in Taiwan.

Actually Hongkong, Macau, Taiwan and Japan might be the only 4 country that DO NOT have EAP in Tesla's website.

WTF... Do we do something wrong...🥺

You guys can criticized on how darn unreasonable the price of EAP, but in my country, all you can get is FSD, EAP is still not available in Taiwan.

Actually Hongkong, Macau, Taiwan and Japan might be the only 4 country that DO NOT have EAP in Tesla's website.

WTF... Do we do something wrong...🥺
It could be nothing more than getting the proper approval from those governments.

Reactions: RandyGoodoman