Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broke that damn glass roof a 2nd time!

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Jul 12, 2017
Springfield, VA
Does the insurance cover this under comprehensive? Usually the deductible is much lower than $1000 and it doesn’t count against your accident claims.

In my case, I paid out of pocket because glass claims do count against me. Check with your insurance company before making assumptions.

RyanT

Sep 9, 2014
Portland
Put a hitch on it, then you can use a trailer or put your bikes on a bike rack.
IMG_7889.jpg

cstork

Supporting Member
Oct 29, 2018
Colorado
You dropped something on glass from a foot above it... and you're upset that it broke?

Tesla people really are entitled.
I did this with my Subaru and it had no damage..... Maybe a glass roof isn't best for people who use their cars normally.......for Colorado where everyone caries toys on their roof.

silentcorp

Jul 20, 2018
Denver CO
I did this with my Subaru and it had no damage..... Maybe a glass roof isn't best for people who use their cars normally.......for Colorado where everyone caries toys on their roof.

I live in CO and have carried my snowboards and friends skis probably 75 times on my roof rack, never cracked the glass once. I'm guessing this is a you problem. Maybe don't drop things on glass?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC