Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken Headliner? Anyone had it replaced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While having other delivery issues fixed, service is attempting to replace a broken headliner.

Service said they have ordered and received at least 3 in the last month for my car while it has been in the shop and each one has arrived with the same damage.

They said they replaced it with the one that has the least damage but it is still broken. Not sure why they put the labor in to do that but that is what I was told.

They said they have ordered a couple more to see if they can get an undamaged piece, but didn't sound too optimistic and told me since the rest of the work on the car is wrapping up, perhaps I should pick up the car that's been there for a month and they can send mobile service out when they actually get a good part in.

Anyone dealt with this?

Not all that good of a picture, but you can see the bend where the headliner is broken.

Not seeing the picture. Would be curious to see the damage
Hmm, I can see the picture in the original post. Not sure what to do differently. It just looks like a bend almost close to the roof glass near the hazard switch. If you feel it you can tell whatever the material the headliner is made of is broken. I figure other people probably have had the same issue and was curious if the replacement arrived any better.

Not a big deal or anything, but when you wait a few weeks for them to get the parts in, then drop the car off for service a few hours away and a month goes by with the car is their custody and they still haven't been able to get a good headliner in and now want to send the car back home to replace it sometime in the future, it is a tad bit odd of a workflow.