TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Broken Headliner? Anyone had it replaced?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by super20g, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. super20g

super20g Member

While having other delivery issues fixed, service is attempting to replace a broken headliner.

Service said they have ordered and received at least 3 in the last month for my car while it has been in the shop and each one has arrived with the same damage.

They said they replaced it with the one that has the least damage but it is still broken. Not sure why they put the labor in to do that but that is what I was told.

They said they have ordered a couple more to see if they can get an undamaged piece, but didn't sound too optimistic and told me since the rest of the work on the car is wrapping up, perhaps I should pick up the car that's been there for a month and they can send mobile service out when they actually get a good part in.

Anyone dealt with this?

Not all that good of a picture, but you can see the bend where the headliner is broken.

[​IMG]

2. ngogas

ngogas Active Member

Crazy...Perhaps they need to wrap it better before shipping or put it in another tesla that is being delivered to SC.

3. brobinson

brobinson Member

Not seeing the picture. Would be curious to see the damage

4. super20g

super20g Member

They said they gave whomever that ships them directions to pack them better, but they keep coming with the same damage in the same spot, ugh.

5. thewishmaster

thewishmaster Member

I can't see the image, but I wonder if that's the same issue I had - a bend in the headliner near the dome lights in the front. My service center was able to find a non-broken headliner to replace with, thankfully

6. super20g

super20g Member

Hmm, I can see the picture in the original post. Not sure what to do differently. It just looks like a bend almost close to the roof glass near the hazard switch. If you feel it you can tell whatever the material the headliner is made of is broken. I figure other people probably have had the same issue and was curious if the replacement arrived any better.

Not a big deal or anything, but when you wait a few weeks for them to get the parts in, then drop the car off for service a few hours away and a month goes by with the car is their custody and they still haven't been able to get a good headliner in and now want to send the car back home to replace it sometime in the future, it is a tad bit odd of a workflow.

7. thewishmaster

thewishmaster Member

I think you may have attached the image URL from your gmail inbox (?) so we can't see it. Try uploading to either this forum or imgur.com or something? Sounds like my headliner had the same issue, and the replacement one is definitely not broken

8. super20g

super20g Member

Oops, you're right. I could see the image on my end fine so was confused.. Can't copy paste from gmail, got it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. thewishmaster

thewishmaster Member

Ah, that's exactly what mine looked like too, with the piece bending in the same direction. I totally missed it at delivery since it's easier to see in certain lighting.

• Like x 1