Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bromptons in the Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just want to share that it is possible to put two Brompton Folding Bikes in the trunk's footwell space.
This still leaves a ton of cargo space in the trunk with the seats up. After a bit of trial and error, the only way it worked for me was to place the bikes upside down. I used padding to ensure the bikes do not scratch each other. I also used a thick blanket to make sure I protect the car. It is very impressive how much space is in the trunk.

As far as the Bromptons are concerned... for those who are unfamiliar, they fold down to a very small size. They ride like a normal bike despite having 16 inch tires. For recreational riders, they are great. Instead of hanging around at superchargers, I go for a ride and get some exercise. The Bromptons are made in England, and are a bit on the pricey side...

Teslas and bikes seem an elegant pairing...

Anyhow, here are some photos:

IMG_7617.JPG
IMG_7618 2.JPG
IMG_7619.JPG
IMG_7621.JPG

I just want to share that it is possible to put two Brompton Folding Bikes in the trunk's footwell space.
This still leaves a ton of cargo space in the trunk with the seats up. After a bit of trial and error, the only way it worked for me was to place the bikes upside down. I used padding to ensure the bikes do not scratch each other. I also used a thick blanket to make sure I protect the car. It is very impressive how much space is in the trunk.

As far as the Bromptons are concerned... for those who are unfamiliar, they fold down to a very small size. They ride like a normal bike despite having 16 inch tires. For recreational riders, they are great. Instead of hanging around at superchargers, I go for a ride and get some exercise. The Bromptons are made in England, and are a bit on the pricey side...

Teslas and bikes seem an elegant pairing...

Anyhow, here are some photos:

View attachment 191905View attachment 191906 View attachment 191907 View attachment 191908
Hey thanks for these photos - I am going away this weekend and taking some brompton folding bikes. I wonder if you can tell me - could I fit 7 in the back without folding down the seats?