TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Browser unusable on new v5 S85 delivered on Sept 9th

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Kenneth chapman, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Kenneth chapman

#1 Kenneth chapman, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    So am LOVING the car.
    BUT - cannot get the browser to do anything - type in a page, hit enter and get about 10% of the loading bar across the screen and the browser becomes completely unresponsive.
    Doesn't seem to matter what website (even trying basic TXT pages I host)

Have tried with 3G and with various WiFi networks, no help.

Have re-booted the centre screen several times, still no luck.

Nav and Slacker work like bosses :)

This just a v5 bug? Anyone else experiencing something similar? Was really excited about the browser so that I didn't have to squint at my phone those few times I need to lookup an address or phone#

2. tezzla

tezzla Member

Any page that has a popup window will hang the browser. Try something like http://www.recargo.com/ and see if that works.

3. Brick Pilot

Brick Pilot Member

My browser worked fine during the walk through at delivery, then hung at the short-fill "Loading.." bar just after I arrived home.

I called the 1-800 service number on the card in my glove box, and they recommended the "double long-press reboot" (click and hold the buttons on the wheel). It worked fine after that, and I've since been browsing fine over 3G, WiFi in the garage, and tethered to my 4G LTE phone on the road.

(I'm running v5.0)

4. ChriZ

ChriZ Member

Is the browser still slow when scrolling and reacting to links in verison 5.0? I had the original assumption that it was slow not because of the 3G connection but the tegra chip couldn't handle the large resolution.

5. Kenneth chapman

No dice, not even google.com.

It's the 2 scrollwheel buttons on the steering wheel to do the 'double long press reboot' correct?

6. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

Yes, hold the scroll wheels until you see the screen go black.

If that doesn't work, I believe there is a fuse for the touch screen you could try pulling, (I haven't pulled it before, but I believe they are labeled in the back of the owners manual).

7. texex91

texex91 Banned

Did the reboot work for you?