Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser unusable on new v5 S85 delivered on Sept 9th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So am LOVING the car.
BUT - cannot get the browser to do anything - type in a page, hit enter and get about 10% of the loading bar across the screen and the browser becomes completely unresponsive.
Doesn't seem to matter what website (even trying basic TXT pages I host)

Have tried with 3G and with various WiFi networks, no help.

Have re-booted the centre screen several times, still no luck.

Nav and Slacker work like bosses :)

This just a v5 bug? Anyone else experiencing something similar? Was really excited about the browser so that I didn't have to squint at my phone those few times I need to lookup an address or phone#

Last edited:
My browser worked fine during the walk through at delivery, then hung at the short-fill "Loading.." bar just after I arrived home.

I called the 1-800 service number on the card in my glove box, and they recommended the "double long-press reboot" (click and hold the buttons on the wheel). It worked fine after that, and I've since been browsing fine over 3G, WiFi in the garage, and tethered to my 4G LTE phone on the road.

(I'm running v5.0)

Yes, hold the scroll wheels until you see the screen go black.

If that doesn't work, I believe there is a fuse for the touch screen you could try pulling, (I haven't pulled it before, but I believe they are labeled in the back of the owners manual).

No dice, not even google.com.

It's the 2 scrollwheel buttons on the steering wheel to do the 'double long press reboot' correct?