Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forcing 3G (and LTE ?) connection by loading/reloading a WEB PAGE in the BROWSER ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About once a week my Model S just doesn't want to connect to 3G, typically when coming out of an underground parking garage, but sometimes also when leaving the home wireless connection.

A couple of times now while waiting for Slacker or TuneIn to stream or more critically, waiting for maps and nav to come alive, I've went to the browser and either clicked the Reload button, or selected a site from favourites, instead of investing the time in a reboot... and it seemed to instantly connect to 3G.

So either I've been very timely, or the act of asking for a web page can somehow "force" the connection.

I'll of course be trying this some more (seems to happen at the worst possible times, and the "fix" of the CAD $600+ upgrade to LTE seems to bring with it a mixed bag of results) but in the meantime I'm interested in knowing if anyone else has tried this or other things that seemed to work, short of rebooting (which doesn't always instantly bring me a connection when it comes back).

Last edited:
Forcing 3G (and LTE ?) connection by loading/reloading a WEB PAGE in the BROW...

I'll play with it and report back.
My music stream (usually TuneIn) breaks and buffers whenever I pull away from the "Garage Wi-Fi" spot.
I have LTE and it buffers for 20-30 seconds.

Last edited: