TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bumper Guards

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kjw781, Nov 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kjw781

kjw781 New Member

My Model S unfortunately spends a lot of time in valet garages in NYC. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with bumper guards on their Model S? For the front of the vehicle I was thinking of getting a license plate mounted guard like one of these:

bumpshox Products - Bumper Bully

and for the rear I was considering a removable guard that I can put out when valeting the car like these:

Bumper Bully Black

Does anyone have any experience with these rear bumper guards? Will the ultrasonic sensors be continuously alarming if they are covered by the bumper guard?

• Informative x 1
  2. wesley888

wesley888 Member

The first link you posted looks promising, mostly for the garage situation.

3. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Those things will only protect you against cosmetic scratches. Any real bumps will damage the plastic body panels front or rear because the steel impact bumper is located a bit behind those cosmetic panels.

• Like x 1