Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bumper / Reflex Light Damage - First time accident advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My valet damaged my car while parking it. It's the first accident on the car, not quite sure what to do. I immediately made an appointment at the tesla service center & got an appointment for next week. Does anyone have any idea the estimate I'll get from tesla? I think I'm most comfortable getting the work done from them but nervous about repair cost. Just got the car in August, 2021 Model Y LY. The bumper & reflex light have to be replaced.

Should I make an insurance claim or just pay for the repair out of pocket? If I make an insurance claim will it count as an accident? My coverage is $500 deductible for up to $25,000 in property damage. $500 is likely better than whatever Tesla will come back with, right? but the diminished value? any advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4868.jpeg
    IMG_4868.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_4869.jpeg
    IMG_4869.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4870.jpeg
    IMG_4870.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4871.jpeg
    IMG_4871.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 132
Is there Dashcam video of the valet backing into the wall or pillar? Did the parking facility admit responsibility for the damage? File a claim with your insurance, they will work it out with the parking facility's insurer. Replacing the rear bump cover would be approximately $2k. Not sure about the reflector. It appears some yellow paint transferred to the edge of the hatch. If the hatch is otherwise undamaged and does not need to be re-aligned that tiny bit of yellow paint transfer should be easy to buff out.

Reactions: lynxx
Is there Dashcam video of the valet backing into the wall or pillar? Did the parking facility admit responsibility for the damage? File a claim with your insurance, they will work it out with the parking facility's insurer. Replacing the rear bump cover would be approximately $2k. Not sure about the reflector. It appears some yellow paint transferred to the edge of the hatch. If the hatch is otherwise undamaged and does not need to be re-aligned that tiny bit of yellow paint transfer should be easy to buff out.
Thanks for response. No dashcam, it's in my condo & I have sentry mode turned off in my home ☹️. I spoke with the valet & they denied it & said they have no idea what happened and there's a liability waiver if you use their services. I guess I'll wait for Tesla to come back to me with quote.

Update: got an appointment at Tesla service center for tomorrow. Estimate was $2k. Will pay out of pocket. Insurance agent even told me wasn't really worth the hassle if i could pay it. Wish I could just put a bumper sticker on it.