Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy AP now or wait for EAP again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EAP was discontinued on 28 Feb 2019. It's not coming back. Because your current order was after 28 Feb, if you buy AP now for $3,000, you can add FSD after delivery for $7,000 or for $5,000 before delivery. You won't be able to buy EAP with your current order.

If you buy a used Tesla, let's say a 2018 model, and it has no EAP, you won't be able to add EAP either. You can only add the new basic AP and FSD.

However, you could go to a Tesla store and ask them if they have any New Inventory Model 3 MR with EAP. If you find one nearby and you can take delivery immediately, you can add FSD for $2,000 by the end of 17 March 2019 or for $4,000 on or after 18 March. Compare the prices to your current options carefully.

Stores should have an updated version of this list.

I’m in the same boat, GWan. Musk said that autopilot prices were returning to normal, so I took that to mean $5k for EAP and $3k for FSD. But who knows. I would actually save $1500 if the car goes up by that amount but EAP comes back at $5k (instead of having to stretch to AP+FSD for $8k).