Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a ‘23 MY Standard Range - Please educate me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the in-depth review. Like you said QC is non-existent with Tesla, but cars all get wear and tear over many years of usage and I'm sure we'll all forget about these QC issues after a while. It sounds like all the issues you raised can be addressed at the SC! Congrats again!
I wouldn't have had this much worry about the QC for a cheaper car. I would have rejected this car staright away if I paid 65k for this. Even with 53k I still think it's priced higher for the overall quality.

Reactions: James2023y
I have a question on taking delivery of a MYLR. So I was assigned a VIN since I put my deposit down for a pre built inventory. I have chosen third party financing and require the MVAP but the only two documents I see on my account are the order agreement and the lemon laws. Anyone know how long it took for them to receive the MVAP since it is required by my credit union to finalize the loan process. I have completed everything within the Tesla App except the insurance and the boxes after that. I have also yet to receive a date for delivery for some reason. Put a deposit down on the 2nd of march and it currently shows estimated delivery as March 5-12. Any suggestions on how I should proceed are welcome!!

I have a question on taking delivery of a MYLR. So I was assigned a VIN since I put my deposit down for a pre built inventory. I have chosen third party financing and require the MVAP but the only two documents I see on my account are the order agreement and the lemon laws. Anyone know how long it took for them to receive the MVAP since it is required by my credit union to finalize the loan process. I have completed everything within the Tesla App except the insurance and the boxes after that. I have also yet to receive a date for delivery for some reason. Put a deposit down on the 2nd of march and it currently shows estimated delivery as March 5-12. Any suggestions on how I should proceed are welcome!!
Contact your local SA. Use the email id which starts with Ordersupport and your local SC name. You can find the email id in the Tesla page specific to delivery associated SC. You will get reply from the local SAs who are assigned to your orders and from my exp it's much faster response compared to their centralized customer support.

Reactions: pipestem
I received the MVAP immediately after ordering. I also have 3rd party financing.For insurance they just told me to put my current insurance information even though the Tesla is no on it yet. But I don't have a delivery date and I ordered on 2/10.

Reactions: dion009
Currently waitingfortesla.com showing some MYAWD white/black 19" in stock. Here's one in Rhode Island. This one is already built and ETA 3/6. What the heck... what happened to our orders... just sent an email to local SC to verify what's going on. My order still showing TBD
1678073482559.png

Currently waitingfortesla.com showing some MYAWD white/black 19" in stock. Here's one in Rhode Island. This one is already built and ETA 3/6. What the heck... what happened to our orders... just sent an email to local SC to verify what's going on. My order still showing TBD
View attachment 914337
To me that is good news seeing AWD 19” wheels showing delivered at some locations. Maybe this means gigatexas switches over to 19” wheels and is going to start cranking them out and maybe already has.

Reactions: somepaladin
I think this month we’re going to see our TBD show ready to schedule delivery at random points. We might not get an EDD back and just a hey it’s ready for pick up or bring delivered. The tbd could be because they’re just going to ship x amount to each location. My sales rep did say: when a pair is made that matches my spec reservation I’ll get updates. At that point it could go from tbd to delivery scheduled. Just a guess!!!

This is so true. And then they answer the wrong question, or an old outdated question. And then they are gone.
On the other hand, my SC in Knoxville has been very responsive to each and every question in a timely manner. Totally pleased up to this point. Pickup for my MYLR (changing from a non-existent, always in "pre-production" YAWD) is today at 4pm. Exciting event with just a little bit of apprehension about the condition and build of the vehicle.

Reactions: pipestem
On the other hand, my SC in Knoxville has been very responsive to each and every question in a timely manner. Totally pleased up to this point. Pickup for my MYLR (changing from a non-existent, always in "pre-production" YAWD) is today at 4pm. Exciting event with just a little bit of apprehension about the condition and build of the vehicle.
That's great here in Georgia i have mailed them since 2 hrs. no response yet they will reply once the inventory is refreshed a 1000 times lol
(speaking of which the car which i wanted is gone)

That's great here in Georgia i have mailed them since 2 hrs. no response yet they will reply once the inventory is refreshed a 1000 times lol
(speaking of which the car which i wanted is gone)
Normally, delivery timeliness would be an annoyance at best but with the federal rebate window hanging in the air (the promised March announcement may come any day now), the lack of delivery timeliness might incur a $7500 "cost". Not chump change.

Normally, delivery timeliness would be an annoyance at best but with the federal rebate window hanging in the air (the promised March announcement may come any day now), the lack of delivery timeliness might incur a $7500 "cost". Not chump change.
Don’t take my word for this. But IMO the guidance isn’t changing until like March 30th. Typical FED timing right. And… even if they change it they might just defer any new info until next quarter. Don’t be too worried that it will change any day now. There is a reason why Tesla opened up all their charge network. They didn’t do this for free lol.