Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a ‘23 MY Standard Range - Please educate me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! I did have a vin, it was assigned as soon as I ordered. I actually asked about that and the SA said they aren't automatically switching the MYAWD's quite yet. Seems silly to me too.
Is your new VIN older or newer than your old VIN? Curious as if the new VIN is newer then that means they must be skipping earlier orders which seems wrong. If your new VIN is older than that may just mean someone dropped out that had that VIN assigned previously and it was put in inventory.

Decided to check waitinfortesla.com and the exact same build I ordered going to the same Tesla Service Center was listed. Immediately called the local service center and the SA checked and sure enough it will delivered this Thu. She quickly switched my order over to that one and I have delivery appointment schedule for this Saturday to pick it up. Talk about right place/right time!
Congrats!
Was the new vehicle price higher than your original order? If so, did they honor the original price?

Is your new VIN older or newer than your old VIN? Curious as if the new VIN is newer then that means they must be skipping earlier orders which seems wrong. If your new VIN is older than that may just mean someone dropped out that had that VIN assigned previously and it was put in inventory.
The new vin is a higher number than my original build - first was 0779XX, new is 0800XX

You guys must have followed more threads than me, In the app I have the option to "Make Your FInal Payment", basically the downpayment of $4500. Do I make it now, or after I inspect the vehicle on delivery day?

Also, I tried to check on the Tesla Insurance:
Currently own a BMW X5, paying $141 a month to Geico. If I add the MY rate goes to $270/m.
Tesla insurance for MY and the X5 with the same coverage as geico, only $202 a month.

So strange that they issued some VIN series and then delayed building them but instead built a new VIN series?? Makes no sense at all.
I don't understand it either...No idea what they are doing. I got irritated that I purchased what I thought would be a quick delivery vehicle and it turns out it still isn't built to this day. Glad I was able to switch over to the one I found earlier.

Reactions: arbitrage000
You guys must have followed more threads than me, In the app I have the option to "Make Your FInal Payment", basically the downpayment of $4500. Do I make it now, or after I inspect the vehicle on delivery day?

Also, I tried to check on the Tesla Insurance:
Currently own a BMW X5, paying $141 a month to Geico. If I add the MY rate goes to $270/m.
Tesla insurance for MY and the X5 with the same coverage as geico, only $202 a month.
If you got the delivery already scheduled, don't pay them a single cent til you verify the car

Decided to check waitinfortesla.com and the exact same build I ordered going to the same Tesla Service Center was listed. Immediately called the local service center and the SA checked and sure enough it will delivered this Thu. She quickly switched my order over to that one and I have delivery appointment schedule for this Saturday to pick it up. Talk about right place/right time!
Did they honor old price? I did the same now but they refuse to honor old price

So I talked with people on chat on tesla's website and the email where I got order confirmation and all that stuff, they told me they cannot honor the old price so i guess the trick only works when you are able to reach out to a sales person in the showroom or directly go there and ask them to match your base price!!

Today I went to local (Indianapolis) store again and confirmed my MYAWD is still pre-production (ordered on Feb 09, VIN PA0756xx). Tesla's website showed that there are three M3 available, but they are actually all in transit with ETA March 12-19.
Today at 4.20 pm an MYAWD base model that is identical to what I ordered popped up and I called to switch. Now the ETA is March 16 - 23. I do not need to pay the $1k difference. New VIN is PA0816xx.
Finger crossed.