Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a "CPO" from Tesla that was in an accident

Would you buy a "CPO" Tesla that was in an accident and repaired?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently went to sell/trade my vehicle in and CarMax told me my vehicle had been in two accidents. One of them I knew about I was rear ended by a drunk driver at a stoplight. The other was a front damage resulting in work to bumper, hood and both front quarter panels. Tesla did not disclose this to me prior to purchasing the vehicle via CPO in 2017. Now I’m having major issues with selling/ trading my car due to the history. Was going to upgrade to a new X but with offers of 21-24k for an S60 with AP1 and 77,000 miles is way too low. I’ll just drive this car till it dies. So no,I will not be purchasing a previously fixed by tesla CPO.

Attached to my first communication I received from Tesla after inquiring about a specific used Model S was a clean CarFax for it.

You are very lucky. I nor anyone else who has been looking into used Teslas through their CPO/Used program has been lucky enough to get a sales advisor that actually communicates anything to you.

Granted, the car is amazing but the used sales communication has many opportunities for improvement. Providing a clean carfax to everyone should be something that you shouldn't have to ask for repeatedly.

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r
You are very lucky. I nor anyone else who has been looking into used Teslas through their CPO/Used program has been lucky enough to get a sales advisor that actually communicates anything to you.

Granted, the car is amazing but the used sales communication has many opportunities for improvement. Providing a clean carfax to everyone should be something that you shouldn't have to ask for repeatedly.

For what it's worth, when I ordered my CPO a few days ago, a used advisor contacted me within 12 hours with carfax attached to his first email to me. I never even asked for it. :) They must be learning!

Make a service appointment and demand to see the service history to confirm all recall work was done. Enforce your warranty. My to me 4 week old CPO didn’t bother with a due bill. Now I’m getting two new rear tail lights under warranty, already had air suspension fixed too, belt line adjustment, etc. no charge work.

Relax, Tesla service makes good 95% of the time

Reactions: UnicornDriver