Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a P3-, worth it to change from Primacy MXM4 to Pilot Sport A/S 3+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to bring the thread alive again, but I just replaced the MXM4s on our LR RWD M3 with the Pilot Sport A/S 3+s, and:
1. Noise is not any more noticeable than on the MXM4s.
2. Handling is, as expected, much better than my worn MXM4s.
3. Efficiency, as measured by TeslaFi, takes a SIGNIFICANT hit - about 30wH/mile so far.

I'm thinking of returning these.

Sorry to bring the thread alive again, but I just replaced the MXM4s on our LR RWD M3 with the Pilot Sport A/S 3+s, and:
3. Efficiency, as measured by TeslaFi, takes a SIGNIFICANT hit - about 30wH/mile so far.

Did you complete at least 5oo miles of driving "break-in" before determining that energy efficiency? Proper tire proficiency itself must be achieved first before evaluating dependant payoffs such as noise, grip (traction/handling), and mileage (wH/m) ….

Did you complete at least 5oo miles of driving "break-in" before determining that energy efficiency? Proper tire proficiency itself must be achieved first before evaluating dependant payoffs such as noise, grip (traction/handling), and mileage (wH/m) ….
It's a bit better at 350 miles, but still 20Wh/mi hit. The other factor is Costco inflated to only 44psi, so I will bump that to 48psi this evening and expect some further improvement.

Ive got a performance model 3 on order and I'm looking to do something similar. Its unlikely I'll track the car and a good set of AS tires can get very good at performing for spirited street driving. My go to is the Conti DWS06 for the quite passable snow performance and excellent dry/wet as well. Unfortunately they aren't made in the standard 235/35/20 size, but they do have a 245/35/20 size. The additional tread width doesn't appear to be an issue from the dimensional specs, but I'm looking for real world experience. Anyone tried this tire on a set of 20" performance wheels?

Any updates on the tires? I’m thinking of doing 255/40/18 what size did you go for?

Any updates on the tires? I’m thinking of doing 255/40/18 what size did you go for?
235/45R18

Lifetime Wh/mi prior to the A/S 3+s was 241.
Almost 10,000 miles on the A/S 3+s, consumption at 260Wh/mi, but trending more to the mid-high 250s. Still a hit, but nowhere near as bad as when the replacement tires were first installed.

I went with the DWS6 on one car and PS4S on the other. Both model 3 stealth performance.

Both are upgrades over stock and do not add much as far as noticeable road noise.

the DWS6 offers much better feel, traction and comfort than the stock tires. Great in the rain also.
The Michelin would be even more so for traction if you were able to push the car hard enough on the street.