Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying CPO Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys thanks in advance for your help. I wanted to reach out to the most informed Tesla experts "The Motors Club Community". I am finally going to pull the trigger on a CPO. My drive is 120 miles a day so a 60 kWh model S will be sufficient.

I am looking at a 2014, multi-patern black seats, Piano Black Decor with over 50K miles there's another with 35K miles for $4000 more I am also considering. My current ICE has 278K miles so I am expecting my tesla should be able to get 300K miles.

However your insight on the following is appreciated:

1. Is there a big difference between 2013 and 2014?
2. Do you see value in paying $4,000 for 15K less miles?
3. What about multi-patern black seats vs all leather. (Note: I have no little kids and probably no backseat occupants 85% of the times)
4. I am in New Jersey so I was considering the Winter Package but not a big priority.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your knowledge.

SeeTwoByte.

For reference, In April 2017, I purchased an early year (March) 2014 MS 85 with 18k miles, for the negociated price of $50k even minus fees and tax. It was listed in Autotrader by an auto broker in Los Angeles. The previous owner was a movie producer and had recently got into surfing at 55 yo. He inquired about hauling surfboards on the Tesla, and the dealer frowned upon the idea given the pano roof and roof racks. So he ended his lease and bought a 4 door Jeep for $65k thru the same auto broker. They had a Tesla inspection performed and I got 2 new fobs and latest software.
The MS 85 is the black on black signature model which includes the tech package, air suspension, premium sound, leather interior, pano roof, etc. I replaced the original 19" Michelins which were pretty worn and had the windows tinted. I like the car a lot!
There should be quite a few 2014's coming off lease around now.

The MS 85 is the black on black signature model

Does the car actually say Signature on the center screen? As far as I know Signature cars were only possible in 2012. It is very, very common for Autotrader listings to get that wrong. Unless someone had a Sig reservation that they delayed for 2 years before ordering. In which case, you found a unicorn.

Does the car actually say Signature on the center screen? As far as I know Signature cars were only possible in 2012. It is very, very common for Autotrader listings to get that wrong. Unless someone had a Sig reservation that they delayed for 2 years before ordering. In which case, you found a unicorn.

Interesting catch! And yes, I looked for the Signature emblem that 'was not there'. The broker had listed the car as 'Signature equipped' and indicated it had all the signature goodies. After seeing and driving the car...It became a moot issue.

Interesting catch! And yes, I looked for the Signature emblem that 'was not there'. The broker had listed the car as 'Signature equipped' and indicated it had all the signature goodies. After seeing and driving the car...It became a moot issue.

Oh, they are all great cars, and frankly your 2014 probably has several more goodies than a Signature did, as they didn't have power folding mirrors, etc.