Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Roadster #116, thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of us with early Roadsters got the "original price".

I distinctly remember them having to raise the price 10K for anyone with a later reservation (200+)? there was some legal reason about our initial contracts in deciding where to draw the line. Elon discussed this with us back when Tesla was in San Carlos. This car and my former Roadster were before the price increase.

I think they raised the price part way through 2008 including options.

Hi everyone, just wanted to post a quick update. Roadster #116 is available again. I did quite a bit of diligence on the car and it is excellent, but I ended up going with a P85D.

For more info, contact Theo of AutoWorld Of Texas at 713-298-5784.

Happy Hunting!

The listing price is extremely low: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...TESLA&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=[TESLA[ROADSTER[]][]]&listingId=395032783&Log=0. Is there anything wrong with it or does the dealership just not know what they've got? Seems like it should command $70k easy.

Absolutely beautiful paint job. If I were ready to buy today I'd jump at the opportunity.
Originally it was posted at $82,000, and now $55,000. That's a heck of a drop in price, unless that original was wrong. I agree, with all the carbon fiber options, it should command a much higher price.

The listing price is extremely low: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...TESLA&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=[TESLA[ROADSTER[]][]]&listingId=395032783&Log=0. Is there anything wrong with it or does the dealership just not know what they've got? Seems like it should command $70k easy.

Absolutely beautiful paint job. If I were ready to buy today I'd jump at the opportunity.

I couldn't get your link to work, but I searched on AutoTrader and I think I found it.

The black/red exterior one?

The one listed with "tilt wheel", "power mirrors", and "Multi-zone Climate Control"?

Originally it was posted at $82,000, and now $55,000. That's a heck of a drop in price, unless that original was wrong. I agree, with all the carbon fiber options, it should command a much higher price.

It is a great price, especially considering the mileage. It's 46.3% of MSRP. I've tracked a bunch of sales recently at 47-50% of MSRP, so this puts it in a very good position, especially if you like carbon fiber!

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't get your link to work, but I searched on AutoTrader and I think I found it.

The one listed with "tilt wheel", "power mirrors", and "Multi-zone Climate Control"?

Yes, here's the link:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?&listingId=395032783

Yup, that's the one.

2008 Tesla Roadster, Auto World of Texas

EDIT: I couldn't get n2mb_racing's link to work either, and my first link-fix attempt worked in the 'Post Preview' but stopped when it got actually posted. The full link has square brackets in it which appears to screw up TMC's post parser

Last edited: