Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying used model 3, advice on paint scratch <3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there everyone!

I'm in the process of purchasing my first Tesla, a used model 3 long range RWD!

I'm in the final stages of buying—have financing and just scheduling delivery (Monday next week at this point apparently).

They just sent me a photos of it, however, and I notice it has a scratch on the front bumper between the license plate holder and frunk.

I'm wondering if any of y'all experts are able to tell/have any experience with these types of scratches, and whether you can tell how bad it is and what it'd take to fix it.

Any idea if this is the type of thing that can be buffed out? Will a paint touch up be fine? Or will it require a whole new painting of the bumper

I notice in the frontal image they're barely noticeable at all, so perhaps they're surface level

Would love to get this is as it's a great deal, but worried the scratch will be a pain to fix.

Attachments

• image001-1.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 57
  • image (25).png
    image (25).png
    836.1 KB · Views: 144
Scratches are always so hard to evaluate through photos, anin person look is the only way to truly know the depth. That being said they do look lighter. I would say they're either polishable or would come out mostly with polish. Should be a minor charge

Thanks so much everyone! They do look fairly surface-level but when I see it on Monday and I'll see how deep they truly are. Hopefully it can just be buffed out.

I'm also sending the photos in for quotes from places to see what they say.

And thanks @Puddles, I didn't know they had those, good to know.

Reactions: Puddles