Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying used tesla with no Autopilot and FSD. how much to upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I found a car in craigslist 2019 Tesla model 3. It has neither auto pilot nor FSD nor EAP. How much does it cost me to just upgrade it to EAP? I dont know if I have an option to upgrade it to EAP or not? Can any one please suggest if it would be less expensive if the original owner buys it and adds to the car cost?

Hi,

I found a car in craigslist 2019 Tesla model 3. It has neither auto pilot nor FSD nor EAP. How much does it cost me to just upgrade it to EAP? I dont know if I have an option to upgrade it to EAP or not? Can any one please suggest if it would be less expensive if the original owner buys it and adds to the car cost?
Probably 10k

Awesome! How often do you think they have discounts like this? I'll have to call and ask. So how much did it come out to be? I wonder if they would lease a 2018 model? Would these always show up if you look on the inventory page on the tesla site?

Hi,

EAP will cost you $2k to activate during your 30 day trial you receive when buying the car

You don’t want to call. Just schedule an appointment using your app with firmware update being the reason for your appointment. They will just push out an update so they can close out the appointment. You won’t have to go to the service center.
I did as you suggested and they pushed the firmware but I don’t see the Trial for AP. I went into Controls/Autopilot.

• Informative
Reactions: OCR1