Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bypass Parking Requirement for Video?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's the scoop. You can make it happen a couple of different ways. You can open the browser and go to netflix or wherever you want. That works. You can also get the BeatSonic kit, which basically displays your phone screen instead of the camera...so you pull the camera up (which you can do while driving) and you see your phone screen instead, which can be playing anything. I have researched whether it's works in the refreshed Model X/S or not, but it worked a treat in my old Model S: Tesla Model S and X Smartphone Mirroring Kit

The other thing I'd say is that the rear screen CAN watch Netflix while you're driving, and you can choose to have the theater audio over the speakers or some other audio source. My kids do it all the time. I can't wait for someone to rig up a complex series of mirrors to allow viewing the rear screen from the drivers seat. LOL.

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
So here's the scoop. You can make it happen a couple of different ways. You can open the browser and go to netflix or wherever you want. That works. You can also get the BeatSonic kit, which basically displays your phone screen instead of the camera...so you pull the camera up (which you can do while driving) and you see your phone screen instead, which can be playing anything. I have researched whether it's works in the refreshed Model X/S or not, but it worked a treat in my old Model S: Tesla Model S and X Smartphone Mirroring Kit

The other thing I'd say is that the rear screen CAN watch Netflix while you're driving, and you can choose to have the theater audio over the speakers or some other audio source. My kids do it all the time. I can't wait for someone to rig up a complex series of mirrors to allow viewing the rear screen from the drivers seat. LOL.
According to their site "not compatible with the new 2022 Wide Screens".

I tried the browser with Plex, but as soon as I go into drive it stops playing. Are you saying Netflix behaves differently?

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston

$490 is a bit outrageous for that mirroring screen kit...
phone or tablet it is then :)