Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ca Delivery Orientation. How long?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got an email to RSVP for Santa Barbara’s delivery orientation this upcoming weekend. I ordered an M3 SR+ 12/1, how long until I take delivery now? Maybe by the end of February?
Are the California incentives still going on?
You're getting a pre-delivery orientation? My "orientation" was on delivery day and, aside from completing the paperwork and doing a visual inspection of the car, wasn't much more than, "Here's your key cards; place it in the cupholder; step on the brake to start the car; push the stalk up for Reverse; pull it down for Drive; push it in for Park. Thank you for buying a Tesla." :) This was at the big delivery center down the road from the Fremont factory, so it may have been more impersonal there than at a more local delivery location.

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
You're getting a pre-delivery orientation? My "orientation" was on delivery day and, aside from completing the paperwork and doing a visual inspection of the car, wasn't much more than, "Here's your key cards; place it in the cupholder; step on the brake to start the car; push the stalk up for Reverse; pull it down for Drive; push it in for Park. Thank you for buying a Tesla." :) This was at the big delivery center down the road from the Fremont factory, so it may have been more impersonal there than at a more local delivery location.
Yes the email title was "New Owner Workshop" that same day i got a text stating my M3 will be built in two weeks. so im guessing a week after the workshop i MIGHT take delivery?

The workshop is fairly new. They bring a large group of buyers in and go over the basics on how to operate a Model 3. It’s nothing you can’t learn by watching a few YouTube videos but some people like to go to live training. The purpose of the training is to keep you from asking a bunch of newbie questions while they are trying to deliver cars and meet their end of quarter delivery goals.

They don’t want to spend more than 15 minutes with you on the delivery process so the orientation helps them to speed things up by giving you a chance to ask questions when things are slow rather than when everyone is trying to get their car at the same time.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Thanks for all the replies! I feel like I know everything there is about the model 3 as I’ve driven one and done so much research as I’m sure many of us have. Do you think I should even attend? I just RSVP’d in hopes that maybe I can get details about my delivery..

Thanks for all the replies! I feel like I know everything there is about the model 3 as I’ve driven one and done so much research as I’m sure many of us have. Do you think I should even attend? I just RSVP’d in hopes that maybe I can get details about my delivery..
I registered but never went. I dont think you need to go if you already know a lot about the car

Reactions: Garciajr6
@Garciajr6 My husband was picking up food for dinner near a hwy 101 exit south of San Jose and saw a fully loaded trailer of Model 3s parked off the main exit road. So seems like deliveries are heading out from the factory within California. No way to know how local but found that in mid-February that was interesting nonetheless. Maybe going to Santa Barbara?

Hey saw your additional post OP about delivery in SB today and maybe your car was on the truck he saw. Certainly from our area to SB could reach overnight and unload. Hope you have a good delivery experience and enjoy the car. Love mine.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Garciajr6
The workshop is fairly new. They bring a large group of buyers in and go over the basics on how to operate a Model 3. It’s nothing you can’t learn by watching a few YouTube videos but some people like to go to live training. The purpose of the training is to keep you from asking a bunch of newbie questions while they are trying to deliver cars and meet their end of quarter delivery goals.

They don’t want to spend more than 15 minutes with you on the delivery process so the orientation helps them to speed things up by giving you a chance to ask questions when things are slow rather than when everyone is trying to get their car at the same time.

Some past Workshops have also had accessories, adapters, mats etc available to purchase so you’ll have them when the car arrives. Otherwise online can be sold out and sometimes take awhile to get.

So I got an email to RSVP for Santa Barbara’s delivery orientation this upcoming weekend. I ordered an M3 SR+ 12/1, how long until I take delivery now? Maybe by the end of February?
Are the California incentives still going on?

Since you are in Bakersfield you may also qualify for $4,000 back from east kern air pollution control. Here is the link to the requirements and how to get it. http://www.kernair.org/Documents/DM...nt_2020_Voucher_Program_Guidelines10-1-19.pdf

@Garciajr6 My husband was picking up food for dinner near a hwy 101 exit south of San Jose and saw a fully loaded trailer of Model 3s parked off the main exit road. So seems like deliveries are heading out from the factory within California. No way to know how local but found that in mid-February that was interesting nonetheless. Maybe going to Santa Barbara?

Hey saw your additional post OP about delivery in SB today and maybe your car was on the truck he saw. Certainly from our area to SB could reach overnight and unload. Hope you have a good delivery experience and enjoy the car. Love mine.
Who knows maybe it was! Haha. I took delivery last night and I’ll just say that I am totally in love!! It’s like I forgot all about those anxious nights of waiting! I had a great and short delivery experience. It was not busy at all, the drive home was such an experience, a lot of things to learn indeed!

• Love
Reactions: SMAlset and house9