Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mailed 02/07, still waiting for them to cash the check.

Is there a downside to submitting a new application and sending it certified this time? Could that cause me to get put to the back of the line? But from recent responses, looks like I've got another month to wait to receive them, so that's reassuring (frustrating, but reassuring).

It's annoying when these are only good for a finite period of time that their delay is cutting into!

Mailed 02/07, still waiting for them to cash the check.

Is there a downside to submitting a new application and sending it certified this time? Could that cause me to get put to the back of the line? But from recent responses, looks like I've got another month to wait to receive them, so that's reassuring (frustrating, but reassuring).

It's annoying when these are only good for a finite period of time that their delay is cutting into!

Sending a new application puts you at the back of the pile. They are 2 months behind. They open the mail in order, and once opened they cash your check and send out the stickers pretty promptly. Not their fault--understaffed and underfunded, and flooded with way more applications then the office was set up for a few years ago.

Like others, I was getting concerned with no movement, and early last week was actually able to speak with someone in the department that actually issues the stickers. He did confirm that they were approximately 8 weeks turnaround due to the number of applications. Dude was super helpful and looked everything up for me. Confirmed they did have my package and that it was “in review”, check hadn’t been cashed, but said to expect it 3-4 days after checked cashed. I didn’t bother to keep track of the check, but was happy to see the stickers arrive yesterday.

I did order a small roll of PPF to apply the stickers. Question - I’d like to cut the sticker flush with the purple and not have the larger white trim - has anyone done this? I’m assuming it isn’t kosher with the DMV

Like others, I was getting concerned with no movement, and early last week was actually able to speak with someone in the department that actually issues the stickers. He did confirm that they were approximately 8 weeks turnaround due to the number of applications. Dude was super helpful and looked everything up for me. Confirmed they did have my package and that it was “in review”, check hadn’t been cashed, but said to expect it 3-4 days after checked cashed. I didn’t bother to keep track of the check, but was happy to see the stickers arrive yesterday.

I did order a small roll of PPF to apply the stickers. Question - I’d like to cut the sticker flush with the purple and not have the larger white trim - has anyone done this? I’m assuming it isn’t kosher with the DMV

Here are my stickers:

IMG_2787.JPG

I trimmed the white border, and applied them to Xpel first, cut them out, then attached the Xpel to the car.

If you think about it, the prior white stickers on a white car (popular car color) have essentially no contrast. The next gen red stickers do have a white border. AFAIK, the current fugly purple ones contrast with (clash with) essentially every factory color of the qualifying set of cars sold in CA (...does anyone know of a car sold in this exact purple color??). And do you think that the DMV is on the road enforcing the stickers? Nope, it is the CHP. I doubt they are going to ticket you for a missing white border. Even now they are pretty loose with the number and placement of the stickers...they just really do not want to hear why you did not attach them to your car.

Reactions: Curb71
Nope. Just got my real plates and the plate number is completely different than what was on the paper plates.
Ya I know temp plate and real plate # are different. I'm just wondering if anyone successfully applied with the temp plate since DMV might be able to link the temp and actual plate on their end.
For my previous HOV sticker I was able to apply successfully leaving the plate # completely blank on the form and still got the sticker. Not sure if things has changed since then.

Ya I know temp plate and real plate # are different. I'm just wondering if anyone successfully applied with the temp plate since DMV might be able to link the temp and actual plate on their end.
For my previous HOV sticker I was able to apply successfully leaving the plate # completely blank on the form and still got the sticker. Not sure if things has changed since then.

I wouldn't recommend that. It takes a little over 8 weeks on average and I wouldn't want someone to waste their time waiting if the application is going to be rejected. I understand some folks are waiting upwards of 6 months for their plates, hinting the processes is bottlenecked at the title issuing from Tesla's part.

I wouldn't recommend that. It takes a little over 8 weeks on average and I wouldn't want someone to waste their time waiting if the application is going to be rejected. I understand some folks are waiting upwards of 6 months for their plates, hinting the processes is bottlenecked at the title issuing from Tesla's part.

I applied with my temporary plates and just received my decals today

• Informative
Reactions: David3 and Need