Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin air filter?

Oct 10, 2019
So-Cal
I have a 2014 P85D, I know there is an air filter under the frunk up by the fireman's loop on the passenger side. But that is for the incoming outside air not for recirculation.

I want to know where the cabin air filter is for the inside air, like when I hit recirculating air for the AC.

I've looked on the epc.tesla parts catalog and I can't find anything in names or pictures of an inside filter. Is there not one on the inside? It seems odd as all other cars have an inside air filter for the recirculation air.

Also looked on the fixyourtesla.com service manual and there is no mention of a inside filter either.

No CO2

Jun 25, 2020
San Diego, CA
Just my 2 cents....

As a design engineer, I would need a filter for outside air, for bugs, leaves, and debris.
I would not need one for inside air. Inside air may have cigarette smoke and some particles, but not enough to justify the additional cost, parts, design, and needed real estate in the car's interior design.

Brian

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Northern California
Just my 2 cents....

As a design engineer, I would need a filter for outside air, for bugs, leaves, and debris.
I would not need one for inside air. Inside air may have cigarette smoke and some particles, but not enough to justify the additional cost, parts, design, and needed real estate in the car's interior design.

Brian
What about dust?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC