Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin blower running? Can i turn it off safely?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know i read about a blower running from under the frunk. The weather is cool now average daily temp is approx 70 deg F. Still the blower keeps running when i park in a cool garage?
Two questions:
1. Why.
2. Can i turn it off manually and not harm anything?

I’m experiencing this now too since the last update (2020.32.3). In a cool garage, high 60s, low 70s. Fan runs inexplicably. Shuts off when a door is opened. In the app it does not show climate running and this is after a short drive so and no charging in the last 24 hours so it doesn’t seem like it could be a warm battery.

Reactions: Leeclanual
We have a heat pump with traditional ductwork, etc. It's around 8 years old and we get it serviced annually. At this time of year, it's too warm to have the heat on and too cool to have the AC on, but we like to have air circulating in the house. (Wife doesn't like having the windows open.) So we often leave the HVAC set to Off (meaning, no heat or AC) but the fan set to On. Is that OK, or are we doing any harm to the system?

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a heat pump with traditional ductwork, etc. It's around 8 years old and we get it serviced annually. At this time of year, it's too warm to have the heat on and too cool to have the AC on, but we like to have air circulating in the house. (Wife doesn't like having the windows open.) So we often leave the HVAC set to Off (meaning, no heat or AC) but the fan set to On. Is that OK, or are we doing any harm to the system?

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf
Should be fine. Just make sure you change your air filters occasionally. Was bored the other nite and pulled the HVAC filter from the house. Ewwwwwww. New filter was a yellow color. Couldn't even see yellow on the dirty filter. Turns out those air filters in a home HVAC are primarily there to protect the blower motor!