Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin overheat protection doesn't work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
great thread and enjoyed everyone's opinion. Try lving in Arizona during the summer when its 100-120 every day for four months and gets to a low of about 90 at night. My garage is not cooled or insulated and lives at 99-106.

I find the cooling feature to be one of the fun, unique and valuable for me features of a model 3.

**Still looking to get a 3 but I will find the right used one any day now...

Reactions: Fossil Fool
So I've been keeping an eye on it, and I do think it's working. I think I just caught it a couple times maybe as it was just kicking on. Most times I check the app it says 100 degrees, so looks like it's doing it's job keeping it under 105. And having lived in AZ my whole life, I can guarantee the heat kills car interiors, as well as things left in the car. Pens melted, CD's warped, there's plenty of good reasons to have this and I wish other cars vented heat passively. I still can't believe nobody has invented a secondary battery/system to run the AC once in awhile in an Arizona car to do this.

I tried with no A/C and found that the fan struggled to keep up.

Now I run it with A/C.

I’ve never been burned by a seatbelt or hot seats.

I find it drops to about 10 degrees F below the limit, then let’s it go back up and does the same thing again.

I tried with no A/C and found that the fan struggled to keep up.

Now I run it with A/C.

I’ve never been burned by a seatbelt or hot seats.

I find it drops to about 10 degrees F below the limit, then let’s it go back up and does the same thing again.

I watched COP in our MS for about a month during the summer after we first got it. I observed it had a wider temp range in cooling when the outside temperature was more elevated (90s-100s) and had to work harder to maintain the general range. Fan speed the car is left at I believe also plays a major factor.

Been running 2019.24.4 for the past few days and have no issue with COP working.

Works great with Sentry mode while parked at work. It's been over 100 degrees the past few days in Socal and I've checked the app every few hours and its stays within 105 degrees. I've run both modes with Fan Only and AC. No issue.

I would recommend making sure you're HAVC is set to "Auto" would be some bug related if you had it set to manual.

Been running 2019.24.4 for the past few days and have no issue with COP working.

Works great with Sentry mode while parked at work. It's been over 100 degrees the past few days in Socal and I've checked the app every few hours and its stays within 105 degrees. I've run both modes with Fan Only and AC. No issue.

I would recommend making sure you're HAVC is set to "Auto" would be some bug related if you had it set to manual.

That is also an experience I had with it. I tend to like controlling the HVAC myself, so there was a time or two that it would only turn on to fan level 1 because that’s what I left it at.