Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin overheat protection...is it working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To my understanding, cabin overheat protection is designed to help keep the cabin from... overheating... when the car is not being operated. However I have encountered multiple instances where it does not appear to be functioning as I would expect. I would appreciate any insight...

Many of the instances, the battery has been at least 40% charged, if not fully charged or even plugged in... the car has been operated within the last 6-12 hours, and cabin overheat protection is ON.

Yet the cabin routinely is >120*F and even >130*F.

Isn't the cabin overheat protection supposed to help with this? This morning, My car is plugged in and battery is full... yet it was 134*F...

Insight is appreciated.

Screenshot with interior temp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180607-131649_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20180607-131649_Tesla.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 192
Mine seems not to be working in the last few days. Noticed the car at 114F when I got a notice my blackvue 4K was shutting down due to high heat.

The car has been held to 104F up until recently. Guessing something has been broken in the software..,

on top of the child/pet safety, I felt I was getting some protection for the electronics, flash memory, screen, etc by keeping the car to 104F max.