Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calendar integration is flaky

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sir Guacamolaf

The good kind of fat
Mar 15, 2016
Not in a Tesla
iPhone, latest iOS here. App is upgraded to latest, has access to my calendar/contacts, whatever it has asked for.
What I've noted is, the calendar app does not show my calendar appointments on it's own.
Once my phone connects, there is an exclamation mark saying Calendar not updating.
When I launch the Tesla app, the calendar synchs with the car.

Is this how it's designed? Ideally, I'd love to just get in the car, and see my calendar.
How is your experience like?

Normally the calendar shows today and tomorrow. If you add locations into your appointments you can navigate directly to your appointment. You don't need to open the app to sync (I think).

I love this feature as I can just get in, receive notification of my agenda and click navigate.

I do have that on. But, background app refresh is to .. well refresh the app, not info from the app. Either way it's on.
The Tesla app specifically says to do this. I thought background app refresh was to allow the app to run in the background so that when your approached the car the app could respond to the request for calendar info from the car.

In any case, it works great for me on iOS with calendar and location info available the moment I sit down.

Background app refresh needs to be on for the tesla app and the settings to allow it enabled in the car. Finally the phone has to be the one linked to the car by Bluetooth.

If all are true, we have found it will load calendar and contacts (both large) quickly.

Background app refresh needs to be on for the tesla app and the settings to allow it enabled in the car. Finally the phone has to be the one linked to the car by Bluetooth.

If all are true, we have found it will load calendar and contacts (both large) quickly.
I have found that even with all of those conditions met I most often also have to open up the app on my iPhone to see the latest changes in my calendar.

I have the EXACT same problem. Tesla said to turn on background app refresh which worked for a few days now I have to turn on my Tesla app to sync calendar... You are not alone.
I'm a new Tesla S owner and have the same problem with calendar. I've done everything suggested in terms of the car app and the phone apps (Tesla and Calendar) but still the calendar in the car doesn't update.

Newbie here to this issue, took delivery a few days ago.

Have an iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 9.3.3. Phone is on, connected to Bluetooth, Tesla app open, background refresh/calendar access on, no sync, hasn't ever even synced once. Music & phone work fine via Bluetooth. Tesla calendar app just says I need to open the Tesla app.

Have hard rebooted phone & Tesla screen and reinstalled iPhone app, still no luck. The thing that kills me is my wife's phone (using same Tesla acct login) is an iPhone 6s (NOT plus) running 9.3.3 and it calendar syncs fine.

Suggestions for troubleshooting welcome. Thanks.

When I took delivery, I was unable to get the calendar synching until a few experiments. Be sure phone has a strong signal and blue tooth is connected. Here are my settings:

Tesla CID - Settings - Secuirty - Mobile Access On
iPhone - Settings - Privacy - Calendars - Tesla On
iPhone - Settings - Cellular - Tesla On
iPhone - Settings - General - Background App Refresh - Tesla On

Confirm this resulted - iPhone - Settings - Tesla - Location - while using, Calendars - on, Notifications - on, background refresh on, cellular data on

Then check Tesla App - Calendar Access On, Allow notifications On, Background App Refresh On
Exit car .........Hocus pocus.........it worked when I next entered the car.
Hope this helps.