Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Rebate funding exhausted for FY18-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CVRP has exhausted fiscal year (FY) 2018-19 general funding for standard rebate amounts, but applications for applicants who have already purchased/leased an eligible vehicle are still being accepted and placed on a rebate waitlist. Qualified applicants on the rebate waitlist will receive payment if the project receives more funding from the State of California.

What does the rebate waitlist mean to me?

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
This is not good. I could see a lot of Californians putting their Tesla purchase on hold until they wait to see what happens with funding. Tesla didn’t need this to close out Q2. I wonder if anyone cancels their existing order over this.
They've always received new funding over the years, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Any recent CA owners apply for the $2,500 CVRP rebate?

This reminded me to check the status of my application. Submitted early April, so according to their website, I should expect approval in a couple more weeks.

Reactions: EinSV
Yeah, next carbon credit auction is 8/20/19 which would provide the funding for more rebates. Last time was about 143 day wait between waitlist start and next funding round. This assumes they up funding again like the last 5 times this happened
87C4E537-45A4-473D-8405-AEFAC2D19218.jpeg