Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's happening. Got my VIN assigned, noticed it just now.

-San Jose, Ordered 24/11, SR+ white/black 18" FSD

Btw, check the new car inventory, tons of Long range cars are showing up at MSRP.
What in the flying F? Just pulled up my Tesla. 4 available at my delivery location. WTF is going on?

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 10.13.55 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: arroyobass
Btw, check the new car inventory, tons of Long range cars are showing up at MSRP.

WOW, you are right! It looks like they made a bunch of extra Cheapie LR AWD models and sent 1 to each delivery center. I wonder if that was their "last" batch of LR's and the rest of the year will be SR+?

And the newly launched $2K speed boost upgrade on those cars......oh to have another $15k to toss at my commuter car LOL!

Last edited:
I marked my unavailability as the 21st-26th. I'm leaving tomorrow night for the holidays and I'm gonna be HEATED if I leave and there are all these cars there. I just want to grab the car and throw it in my garage till I get back home and not worry about the car during the holidays!

86 LR AWD on sale on the website.......

So unfortunate that they don't have any SR+ model... Does that mean that everyone that had a LR AWD reservation got a VIN by now?

Edit. They have a bunch in SoCal too...
Nope.

LR AWD ordered 11/26. No VIN. Was told I was gonna get it by this weekend a week ago. Was told 3 hours ago there is 0% chance I get it this weekend, and now there are 86 of my car available......

LITERALLY, my car is available for sale, at my pickup location as of today. I can click Buy Now and it has a VIN.

I can only imagine these cars were delivered and are being assigned to their owners. Otherwise, I'mma go bananas.

Reactions: arroyobass
Nope.

LR AWD ordered 11/26. No VIN. Was told I was gonna get it by this weekend a week ago. Was told 3 hours ago there is 0% chance I get it this weekend, and now there are 86 of my car available......

Wtf........ this is so dumb... is it possible that none of them match your exact configuration? Even then, they should offer you the option to choose another colour before posting them online like that imo

What in the flying F? Just pulled up my Tesla. 4 available at my delivery location. WTF is going on?

View attachment 489939

Yea Holy smokes! There are 48 long range AWD 3's within 200 miles of my house. I am thinking they are trying to get people to upgrade to take an inventory model.

They actually have amazing prices on them too. I could upgrade to a LR AWD from my SR+ for only $200 if I wanted the black interior.

They all have the black interior though, and I really want the white... It's temping though...

I clicked the button that said I’m available throughout. We have guests visiting so imma be home.

Did you get the email asking what dates you would NOT be available for delivery? Did you say you only were available on the 22/23rd and not available later?

Yea Holy smokes! There are 48 long range AWD 3's within 200 miles of my house. I am thinking they are trying to get people to upgrade to take an inventory model.

They actually have amazing prices on them too. I could upgrade to a LR AWD from my SR+ for only $200 if I wanted the black interior.

They all have the black interior though, and I really want the white... It's temping though...

I know the $200 more to get Long range is very tempting, alas the wife disagrees. If you scroll back couple of pages, you’ll see the mess I made recently so I can’t even argue anymore haha

I'm about to go nuts. We've been waiting for our cars for a couple of weeks, or months.

Right now, a bunch of cars show up as existing inventory. I want my car for the $1850 tax rebate. I'm looking at the SAME CONFIG of my car, brand new, for $600 less than what I'm going to pay for it....

Unless I'm missing something and autopilot doesn't include FSD?

• Love
Reactions: Techlead13
I'm about to go nuts. We've been waiting for our cars for a couple of weeks, or months.

Right now, a bunch of cars show up as existing inventory. I want my car for the $1850 tax rebate. I'm looking at the SAME CONFIG of my car, brand new, for $600 less than what I'm going to pay for it....

Unless I'm missing something and autopilot doesn't include FSD?
I think they are considering your car as already sold (to you) but they want even more sales before year end so they are pushing them out for others to buy before delivering yours. It’s not right but it makes sense to maximize year end sales and make you wait until the very last week.

Edit: They should be building and delivering all custom orders first and THEN dumping any excess the last week for others. I have been looking at other states and this has happened with MS and MX as well. My configuration keeps popping up each week in NY or FL. Not right

Last edited:
I think they are considering your car as already sold (to you) but they want even more sales before year end so they are pushing them out for others to buy before delivering yours. It’s not right but it makes sense to maximize year end sales and make you wait until the very last week.

Exactly what my wife said too. They are trying to grab up people who were late to order their cars. Trying to squeeze those last few sales in at the end of the year. It's freaking stupid but I am not surprised.

Reactions: SoCalMike