Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this generic boilerplate email from the Fashion Island store with the subject “Your Tesla Delivery Day-Welcome to the family!”:

“Hello _____,

Congratulations on joining the Tesla family! We look forward to hosting the delivery of your Model 3 this month.

I wanted to take this opportunity to personally introduce myself-my name is _____ and I am the Store leader at Newport Beach Fashion Island. I know you have been working with _____, but if there is anything you may need, please feel free to use me as an additional point of contact and reach out via email, or phone. To assist in some of our most popular questions, I have listed a couple links around charging solutions and what to expect/bring on delivery day!

Prepare for Delivery

· After your order is placed, complete the pre-delivery tasks in your Tesla Account. This is required to receive a VIN, final contracts and a delivery date.

· Check out Tesla Energy: Our recommended way to replace your utility bill is with Tesla Solar! You can start the process to see if you qualify and check out our new solar subscription service on our online Energy Configurator. Our Powerwall is a great asset to your home and adds protection in the event of a blackout.

Refer yourself! Use your own referral link and earn a $100 award after system activation by purchasing or subscribing to solar panels.

What to Expect on Delivery Day

Documents and Ownership Information
Before taking delivery of your car, a Tesla team member will make sure all necessary documents are complete. If multiple names are listed on the registration, each individual must be present to take delivery.

On your delivery day, please bring all required documentation:

· Your driver’s license

· If applicable, your trade-in along with the registration, title or payoff information and any accessories listed with your car when the trade-in offer was provided

· Final payment-"Due at Delivery" Amount

· Copy of your current, valid auto insurance

Vehicle Introduction
After your documents are complete, we'll take you through a 5-10 minute orientation for your car. This will cover the basics of operating your new Tesla.

Additional Resources
You can access our Tesla videos guides any time on Tesla Support or in the Tesla app.

Again, welcome to the Tesla family and we look forward to meeting you on delivery day!

Electric regards,
______”

As you can imagine, my heart went from 0 to 100 and then back to 0 after seeing the subject line, opening the email, and finally reading it.

Went to the Carlsbsd orientation this am, full house, and many of us sat on the concrete. Excitement was palpable, wish our orders were tangible, but we'll get there. . .

Attachments

• 20191215_091836.jpg
    20191215_091836.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: SMAlset
Went to the Carlsbsd orientation this am, full house, and many of us sat on the concrete. Excitement was palpable, wish our orders were tangible, but we'll get there. . .

The people at that service center there are excellent as well, at least I think so. The service center and delivery center are in the same place there in carlsbad.

Ordered 10/28. Just stopped by the Pasadena Tesla store. They looked up my account and said everything is in order and that my estimated delivery is the week of 12/23. So that will be 9 weeks.

I also came to a conclusion that my expectations for managing the customer experience are probably generational. The women who helped me was very nice and probably in her mid-20’s. She was numb to the idea that I was concerned about having delivery before the new year. I am in my mid-50’s and have bought many vehicles. I come from 12 years of BMW’s (X5, X3, X5). And, prior to that, the other quirky car company SAAB (9-3, 9-3, 9-3 wagon). SAAB had the best customer service. I guess they knew they had to try harder.

Anyway, I have repositioned my thought process to an Apple store experience. When I put it in that context my anxiety and frustration plummets. The only difference is I am buying a $60k vehicle, not an iPhone.

Just in case you can’t tell, my snarky comments are in jest. I haven’t been this excited, since I bought BMW’s original X5 (e53). I loved that SUV and I anticipate loving my M3 AWD LR.

I look forward "old man" ;) to you getting delivery and giving feed back on the car! Bet you will be younger once again!!

Honestly Tesla has it's own production/delivery time table and people stress out a lot more than they should. I know it's partly because it's a large purchase for many, for some the most expensive car they have bought, some read too many things online from a small segment of people who may have some legit issues (others just Tesla haters/shorters) and worry they will fall into this category, and partly from the pure desire to want to be sitting in this car...now!

Just received this generic boilerplate email from the Fashion Island store with the subject “Your Tesla Delivery Day-Welcome to the family!”:

“Hello _____,

Congratulations on joining the Tesla family! We look forward to hosting the delivery of your Model 3 this month.

I wanted to take this opportunity to personally introduce myself-my name is _____ and I am the Store leader at Newport Beach Fashion Island. I know you have been working with _____, but if there is anything you may need, please feel free to use me as an additional point of contact and reach out via email, or phone. To assist in some of our most popular questions, I have listed a couple links around charging solutions and what to expect/bring on delivery day!

Prepare for Delivery

· After your order is placed, complete the pre-delivery tasks in your Tesla Account. This is required to receive a VIN, final contracts and a delivery date.

· Check out Tesla Energy: Our recommended way to replace your utility bill is with Tesla Solar! You can start the process to see if you qualify and check out our new solar subscription service on our online Energy Configurator. Our Powerwall is a great asset to your home and adds protection in the event of a blackout.

Refer yourself! Use your own referral link and earn a $100 award after system activation by purchasing or subscribing to solar panels.

What to Expect on Delivery Day

Documents and Ownership Information
Before taking delivery of your car, a Tesla team member will make sure all necessary documents are complete. If multiple names are listed on the registration, each individual must be present to take delivery.

On your delivery day, please bring all required documentation:

· Your driver’s license

· If applicable, your trade-in along with the registration, title or payoff information and any accessories listed with your car when the trade-in offer was provided

· Final payment-"Due at Delivery" Amount

· Copy of your current, valid auto insurance

Vehicle Introduction
After your documents are complete, we'll take you through a 5-10 minute orientation for your car. This will cover the basics of operating your new Tesla.

Additional Resources
You can access our Tesla videos guides any time on Tesla Support or in the Tesla app.

Again, welcome to the Tesla family and we look forward to meeting you on delivery day!

Electric regards,
______”

As you can imagine, my heart went from 0 to 100 and then back to 0 after seeing the subject line, opening the email, and finally reading it.

Hah - same thing here, man. I was driving when the alert popped up on my watch. I pulled into the next parking lot to read that...and immediately felt stupid for doing so.

GAAAAAHHHH!! I think Elon dislikes my posts and deemed me the last person in to get their car in Costa Mesa. BOOHOO

So starting tomorrow, it will be the 8th week of waiting, even though it says estimated date is 5-7 weeks. I'm waiting for it to reduce down to 2-4 weeks from order date.
HO HUM
You and me @Duckster. Even though i ordered 10/19, you'll probably be first since you got the LR. I'm with the rest with SR+ White/Black, aero, AP. Hoping we get good news this week!

This is where fellow Californians can come to feel sorry for ourselves. If you're tired of hearing about the joy felt by those in the other 49 states as they receive their new cars, this is the place for you. If you've been waiting for weeks and have lost all hope, this is were you belong. If you want to be miserable and be with others that want to be miserable. Come on in, you're among fellow sad saps.

If you have a vin, but no car yet, you can hang out, but you don't really fit in. If you just got your car and it's beautiful and you're happy, go away. We don't want to hear about it.

Tell us your sad story.

I ordered my car on Oct 15 and still no word. They are holding off for me because I am picking up the car AT THE FACTORY. I could be waiting until New Years Eve. It's actually a smart move on their part to maximize earnings. The plan is that the last car to come off the line on New Years Eve has a buyer standing there. This way the sale gets booked for the 4th quarter and the stock price will keep ROCKETTING to the moon BABY! Can you tell I am also a stock holder?

• Funny
Reactions: ZappCatt
  • Two weeks left in the year
  • Currently filling California orders from mid October
  • Barely any movement on California SR/SR+ orders in the last week according to the tracking spreadsheet
  • Tesla still expecting all California vehicles ordered today to be delivered by EOY
Does anyone believe it?

I can categorically say that I don't believe it. In November, I had hopes, it just seems very unlikely at this point. Order date 10/25, delivery to Costa Mesa.

I ordered my car on Oct 15 and still no word. They are holding off for me because I am picking up the car AT THE FACTORY. I could be waiting until New Years Eve. It's actually a smart move on their part to maximize earnings. The plan is that the last car to come off the line on New Years Eve has a buyer standing there. This way the sale gets booked for the 4th quarter and the stock price will keep ROCKETTING to the moon BABY! Can you tell I am also a stock holder?

Efficiency and maximizing production roll out in order to increase quarter end sales is one thing, but keeping your customers happy is another, and i wish the brainiacs at Tesla can somehow meet in the middle at least on that.

Perhaps we should 'Short' TSLA and that will get them to notice., HAHAHAHA.. we all know how Elon feels about it.

• Love
Reactions: BOBTHEJOCKEY
Ordered 12/7/2019. Still no VIN or any communications from Tesla. I'm supposed to pick up in Buena Park. I *did* go to the Buena Park mall yesterday and saw several truckloads of Tesla model 3's being emptied into a fenced off area by the old Sears Auto Center that's closed. Now every time I get a text I get all excited it might be from Tesla, and then I get sorely disappointed when it isn't lol.....

Reactions: ash1057