Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So weird. I emailed my SA. I asked him if he had any extra LR AWD laying around. He said, "I have one that has all your specs but the interior is white. Can you come pick it up by Thursday?" I was about to do it, but I don't wanna pay for a car that has a different color on the interior. I'd pay for an upgrade, maybe a blue or red one, but not white interior.

White looks really nice IMHO... my dog thinks so as well and would love to get all over it. That's why I ordered black interior.. hahaha

Efficiency and maximizing production roll out in order to increase quarter end sales is one thing, but keeping your customers happy is another, and i wish the brainiacs at Tesla can somehow meet in the middle at least on that.

Perhaps we should 'Short' TSLA and that will get them to notice., HAHAHAHA.. we all know how Elon feels about it.

I believe they are doing this just the one time to keep the momentum going on the stock. When I ordered my car FSD was $6000 and the range was 240 miles. Now FSD is $7000 and my range has gone to 250 miles for free. Works for me.

How typical is my experience?

- Ordered on 12/2 -- a SA sent me an email with 2 Stealth versions to choose from -- both had a VIN assigned.
- Was told it was in inventory and I would be getting it before the end of the week
- While arranging financing various different people told me that my car was in pre-production and hadn't been built yet. I finally re-connected with my SA and she told me that it was "definitely on it's way from Carlsbad to Marina Del Rey." Set a delivery date for 12/14
- After my original delivery date came and went (I called Marina Del Rey to confirm the day before and they told me that the VIN was indeed in pre-production and that there was no car ready for delivery...)
- Delivery date reset for 12/20
- I called today to confirm financing and they moved my delivery date to 12/29.

• Informative
Reactions: Punjabi510
well i thought i was buying an inventory car but it was also pre-production. my delivery date has come and gone (twice) - they say the car was damaged at the delivery center and needs body work. delivery is now scheduled for this wednesday but i don't have high hopes at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: Punjabi510

- Ordered on 12/2 -- a SA sent me an email with 2 Stealth versions to choose from -- both had a VIN assigned.
- Was told it was in inventory and I would be getting it before the end of the week
- While arranging financing various different people told me that my car was in pre-production and hadn't been built yet. I finally re-connected with my SA and she told me that it was "definitely on it's way from Carlsbad to Marina Del Rey." Set a delivery date for 12/14
- After my original delivery date came and went (I called Marina Del Rey to confirm the day before and they told me that the VIN was indeed in pre-production and that there was no car ready for delivery...)
If it makes you feel any better, ordered 10/15. Haven't heard anything since.

I was checking the source code and search for 5YJ and it was showing the VIN number in 2 places. I placed the order in Woodland Hills CA on Dec 4th. Does it mean that they have assigned the VIN number and should be delivered before Dec 31st? Any idea or does everyone has this number in the source code?

I believe they are doing this just the one time to keep the momentum going on the stock. When I ordered my car FSD was $6000 and the range was 240 miles. Now FSD is $7000 and my range has gone to 250 miles for free. Works for me.

It's all about shareholder equity and growth. Without innovation and market dominance, it's just another tech company. As long as they keep increasing our pony-power and send us free FSD updates... we keep Tesla in the race for space, solar, tunnels.. whatever

Cutting it close hey there buddy.... ? Do all you can to get that $1875... camp if you have to!

So weird. I emailed my SA. I asked him if he had any extra LR AWD laying around. He said, "I have one that has all your specs but the interior is white. Can you come pick it up by Thursday?" I was about to do it, but I don't wanna pay for a car that has a different color on the interior. I'd pay for an upgrade, maybe a blue or red one, but not white interior.

It is so crazy, there are no inventory cars on Tesla.com, there is an LR AWD wait room with people stressing like mad...and an SA has one available to trade out?

Your current order is an LR?

It is so crazy, there are no inventory cars on Tesla.com, there is an LR AWD wait room with people stressing like mad...and an SA has one available to trade out?

Your current order is an LR?
Yup! LR AWD and there was one in south Bay but it was black with white interior and may have been able to be picked up by Friday. If you go to Tesla's site, it actually says right on there to check their existing inventory or to go to the stores to see if they have any.

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

If you even look at the site, there are two performance cars available right now that looks like they were returned. One in Reno and one in Sacramento.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Yup! LR AWD and there was one in south Bay but it was black with white interior and may have been able to be picked up by Friday. If you go to Tesla's site, it actually says right on there to check their existing inventory or to go to the stores to see if they have any.

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

If you even look at the site, there are two performance cars available right now that looks like they were returned. One in Reno and one in Sacramento.
Yeah, they say to check inventory, but there have not been any showing in the Bay Area. There were a bunch in SoCal, and that one in Sacto. Most of the ones I have seen are SR+with full FSD, and Performance with FSD. Currently 74 showing for the full US, but most in Midewest and East

Yeah, they say to check inventory, but there have not been any showing in the Bay Area. There were a bunch in SoCal, and that one in Sacto. Most of the ones I have seen are SR+with full FSD, and Performance with FSD. Currently 74 showing for the full US, but most in Midewest and East
You just missed them. There were two P3D+’s in Fremont with no FSD. White and Blue with black interior + grey wheels. :(

Reactions: ZappCatt