Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I need some clarification.

I made a custom reservation this morning. Checked this evening and there are a ton of the same spec in their "Existing Inventory". I freaked out and reserved one of those. I thought I would have a confirmation that I'll be getting a car, but now I just have two reservations. I just called Tesla and they are telling me the one I just reserved has a VIN number and is in pre-production. Is this a good sign that I'll get delivery before end of December? Should I cancel my initial reservation? The reservation that I just made has next steps as me paying the car in full. Do I do it over the internet or can I just bring a cashiers check during delivery?

I made a custom reservation this morning. Checked this evening and there are a ton of the same spec in their "Existing Inventory". I freaked out and reserved one of those. I thought I would have a confirmation that I'll be getting a car, but now I just have two reservations. I just called Tesla and they are telling me the one I just reserved has a VIN number and is in pre-production. Is this a good sign that I'll get delivery before end of December? Should I cancel my initial reservation? The reservation that I just made has next steps as me paying the car in full. Do I do it over the internet or can I just bring a cashiers check during delivery?

What # did you call ?

You ordered today, switched your order after that and you already have a Vin?

I cannot believe this.

Picking up at Costa Mesa tomorrow. My trade quote decreased from $7,944 to $6,600 one hour after I submitted a photo of my title. Wth!!! I even rented a car to keep it under 1,000 miles. I know my quote is about a week expired but they made me do it early or it would have delayed my delivery. We all got that email. Last week, sales guy told me not to worry about it either, just keep it under 1,000 miles. These asses and their tricky games.... buyer beware!

I sent an email to DA and Costa Mesa delivery. If they make this right, I'll update this post...in the meantime, I'm pissed.

Oh, and they ran my credit again yesterday....

• Informative
Reactions: CruzTM3
You ordered today, switched your order after that and you already have a Vin?

Made a custom order this afternoon. Checked the "Existing Inventory" this evening and saw the exact car I already ordered this afternoon. So I put a deposit down on that which now shows me having two reservations.

The custom order one has next steps as "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

The one I just reserved has "Pay amount Due at Delivery"

Last edited: