Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I told them......rebate is not that important to me....but being able to fully inspect the car and hoping that a later production build may get rid of some of the issue before delivery......

Edit: I ordered on 10-22....nothing as of yesterday.......leaving country on 28th so it looks dbad for me....I decided to not take delivery, if and when they decided to give me a vin, so they cannot say I cannot take delivery or lose out on getting the same car as ordered....
My concern for you is what if Tesla continues this crap and find yourself heading into March with the same quarter end results?

I think us first timers have witnesses that first month of Q1 will be builds for international orders. Following months only builds for East coast and our Friends up north. Then back to the last couple weeks of Q1 will be trying once more to fill the CA orders.

Have the feeling TeslaLand kind of enjoys shorting us Cal folks off:cool:

Last edited:
I haven’t got into details of the interactions I had with my SA and management at the Sunnyvale store. I don’t like to be a dick to anyone but, I also when I can’t handle unfair practices anymore I have a need to have a face-to-face discussion with them cutting through all the excuses they pulled out of thin air.

keep my cool somewhat, I explained I was not happy customer for the above reasons and point blank asked them how they were going to make it right with the $ we lost so far and possible more EOY.

They did make a effort from that point to get us both cars and a gift for missing out on the $500 lost with CA rebates.

Not saying everyone march down there with pitchforks and fire torches, but maybe a face-to-face with your SA and their manager may help.

Best of luck everyone, I really want to see everyone get their orders in 2019!!!!

I swear that was me 2 weeks ago when I became pissed with all my time wasted looking for the mysterious VIN to land inside the secret source code. Frustration hit its peak as I’m watching others that order 1 to 2 months after I did started to get their cars ( not their fault, it’s all Tesla actions).

Seriously! It’s so frustrating. Especially the total lack of responsiveness

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
It's finally happening! Just got the text that they are expecting my car to exit the factory on 12/29. Earliest app for pick up at Fremont was as 12/30 @ 9:00AM. Had to reschedule my NYE flight but Worth it! I can now stop obsessing over it.

Ordered on 10/30
LR AWD, White on White, 19" sports wheel with no FSD.
First delivery text on 12/18
Delivery date confirmation on 12/23
Vin on site 12/23
Pick up on 12/30

I just got my VIN today and Delivery Scheduled for the 30th! I was worried since I ordered so late.

12/6 Order / SR+ / White Interior/ Aero / Carlsbad DeliveryCenter / VIN:615693

The scheduler had lots of open time slots for 30th and 31st. I chose 3 pm so I could say I got the Model 3 on the 30th at 3 pm. I'm assuming other Carlsbad pickups didn't see 30th/31st time slots because they were soft reserved for SR+ but I am speculating.

• Funny
Reactions: sslack18
How is it possible i have NOTHING both from my 10/31 order and 12/19 preproduction order?

They even had the gall to try and call me last night with a "VIP offer" to come into fremont and test drive the S and X. Took all my patience to not rip the poor rep a new one(its not her fault).

I haven’t got into details of the interactions I had with my SA and management at the Sunnyvale store. I don’t like to be a dick to anyone but, I also when I can’t handle unfair practices anymore I have a need to have a face-to-face discussion with them cutting through all the excuses they pulled out of thin air.

keep my cool somewhat, I explained I was not happy customer for the above reasons and point blank asked them how they were going to make it right with the $ we lost so far and possible more EOY.

They did make a effort from that point to get us both cars and a gift for missing out on the $500 lost with CA rebates.

Not saying everyone march down there with pitchforks and fire torches, but maybe a face-to-face with your SA and their manager may help.

Best of luck everyone, I really want to see everyone get their orders in 2019!!!!

What gift are they giving you for the $500 lost with CA rebate?