Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received this text from Tesla: We currently expect your Model 3 to be built on 12/31. Please prepare to take delivery at our New Year's Eve Delivery Event at the Tesla Factory (45500 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538). More details to follow later this week. We look forward to seeing you on the 31st!

I wonder if you guys taking delivery on the last day of the year will get a factory tour. That's not the Tesla Fremont Delivery address but the one for the showroom/factory. Kind of jealous and wondering if anything "special" will happen then to comenmorate what I think could be a banner year for Tesla and you guys making it possible with those last cars. hmm

How can I let Tesla know that I can drive 200 miles to the Fremont factory to pick up my car on 12/31 and please build my car...

We still don’t know what Tesla’s production schedule is for the final week of the year but it’s conceivable that they will begin building SR+ cars around the 27th, which would allow for the day or two they need to get them down to Southern California. We know they are planning on building them on the 31st for people who can take delivery in Fremont, but I would expect them to build SR+ cars for more than just one day. We’ve seen plenty of AWD and Performance cars showing up in inventory so it’s likely about time for the SR+ line to start up. Hang in there. Tesla wants to deliver as many cars as possible before year end. It’s just as important to them to hit their sales goals as it is for you to get your car, so your goals and theirs are aligned.

Just got my delivery text! It looks like it was a bit different than other folks. Mine said that the car is already in transit rather than getting a production date.

"Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled! Select an available delivery appointment time now at tesla.com/schedule/RNXXXXXX If you have not selected an appointment by tonight we will assign and notify you of your delivery appointment. To learn how to prepare for delivery, please visit tesla.com/support/tesla-delivery-day"

Delivery 12/27, Ordered 11/11, VIN in source 12/21, Text 12/24. SR+, Blue / White, Aero, FSD. Burbank.

Reactions: goletaspring
This morning finding out they're making inventory cars before mine with my exact configuration finally got me to send not an angry email but a direct one asking them to explain their actions or inaction. Yeaaa...sending me marketing emails before fulfilling my order. That doesn't fly. I wasn't rud
Just got my delivery text! It looks like it was a bit different than other folks. Mine said that the car is already in transit rather than getting a production date.

"Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled! Select an available delivery appointment time now at tesla.com/schedule/RNXXXXXX If you have not selected an appointment by tonight we will assign and notify you of your delivery appointment. To learn how to prepare for delivery, please visit tesla.com/support/tesla-delivery-day"

Delivery 12/27, Ordered 11/11, Text 12/24. SR+, Blue / White, Aero, FSD. Burbank.

Do you have a vin number yet?

This morning finding out they're making inventory cars before mine with my exact configuration finally got me to send not an angry email but a direct one asking them to explain their actions or inaction. Yeaaa...sending me marketing emails before fulfilling my order. That doesn't fly. I wasn't rud

Do you have a vin number yet?
Yep I forgot to put that in the post! I got my VIN in source 12/21.

Understood--Many thanks for the reply, my friend. Fingers crossed that the date its "estimated" to leave the factory is a "worst-case scenario". Delivery on the 31st is certainly cutting it close.

In addition, I have to agree with many of my fellow Tesla owners that this process has been less than ideal. Tesla has an incredible product but needs to refine its customer service experience from top to bottom.

Update: Delivery scheduled for 31-Dec-2019 at 8 AM PST and the VIN has finally shown up in the account! Hopefully this is a sign that it has been produced already!

My concern for you is what if Tesla continues this crap and find yourself heading into March with the same quarter end results?

I think us first timers have witnesses that first month of Q1 will be builds for international orders. Following months only builds for East coast and our Friends up north. Then back to the last couple weeks of Q1 will be trying once more to fill the CA orders.

Have the feeling TeslaLand kind of enjoys shorting us Cal folks off:cool:
hope not....they are well aware of what my position was when I ordered ion 10/22.....so hopefully;;y they will allocate one for me when I get back.....if not....just keep making interest ....hahahaha

We still don’t know what Tesla’s production schedule is for the final week of the year but it’s conceivable that they will begin building SR+ cars around the 27th, which would allow for the day or two they need to get them down to Southern California.
Tesla informed me that my M3 LR AWD will be complete on 28 Dec. I don't know what the length of time is between start and ship is, but that knowledge may help you determine when they begin SR+.

Tesla just called me. They originally told me my M3 would leave the factory on 12/24 and delivery would be 12/26. However, now they are telling me it is not going to leave the factory on 12/26 and pickup won’t be till 12/29. come on!

Since starting this thread, I've been out of town so I thought I'd give an update. I ordered SR+ on 11/8. Didn't hear anything for 6 weeks. We left on a cruise on the 21st of December without hearing a word. Each time we stopped at a port and I was able to get service, I'd check for a VIN in source. Nothing. Got back home on Sunday, nothing. Went to work yesterday and checked a half a dozen times throughout the day, nothing. Just before leaving work, I checked and had a VIN in source. My heart skipped a beat. Checked email, text, voicemail, nothing. This morning at about 7:30, I received the text saying I could schedule a pickup time. I quickly logged in from my computer and the first available time was Friday at 8:30am. I picked it. Response said that time was no longer available. I picked 9am. No longer available. 9:30, 10, 10:30, 11... No longer available. No times were available. Frustrated, I finished getting ready for work. Before I left, I checked the link from my phone and tried to pick 8:30am on Friday. Success! At lunch today, I decided to call the Rocklin store to see if I could move the delivery date up. My text this morning said my vehicle was in transit. If that was true, they had my car by now. I called and told them my name and explained that I had an appointment for Friday. The Tesla gal said they had my car and I could come get it today if I wanted. If I wanted. Ha! Leaving in an hour to pick up my car at 3pm today. Merry Christmas to me!

http:__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2013_07_Elf.gif

Since starting this thread, I've been out of town so I thought I'd give an update. I ordered SR+ on 11/8. Didn't hear anything for 6 weeks. We left on a cruise on the 21st of December without hearing a word. Each time we stopped at a port and I was able to get service, I'd check for a VIN in source. Nothing. Got back home on Sunday, nothing. Went to work yesterday and checked a half a dozen times throughout the day, nothing. Just before leaving work, I checked and had a VIN in source. My heart skipped a beat. Checked email, text, voicemail, nothing. This morning at about 7:30, I received the text saying I could schedule a pickup time. I quickly logged in from my computer and the first available time was Friday at 8:30am. I picked it. Response said that time was no longer available. I picked 9am. No longer available. 9:30, 10, 10:30, 11... No longer available. No times were available. Frustrated, I finished getting ready for work. Before I left, I checked the link from my phone and tried to pick 8:30am on Friday. Success! At lunch today, I decided to call the Rocklin store to see if I could move the delivery date up. My text this morning said my vehicle was in transit. If that was true, they had my car by now. I called and told them my name and explained that I had an appointment for Friday. The Tesla gal said they had my car and I could come get it today if I wanted. If I wanted. Ha! Leaving in an hour to pick up my car at 3pm today. Merry Christmas to me!

View attachment 492526

Thats awesome! Good to see them clearing through the backlog, let us know how the pickup experience goes!

View attachment 492526

Feel great for you. Merry Christmas!

Hey guys, Costa Mesa here. Glad to see deliveries still coming through! It's been about two days since my delivery and I've already forgotten about the long wait and horrendous delivery experience! Just some quality observations I wanted to share but things I could live with. Did you see similar things with yours?

Photos attached
1) top front glass unequal gap. I don't think I can fit the wind noise reduction trim
PhotoGrid_1577223650520.jpg

2) kink in frunk hood like somebody stabbed a screwdriver from the bottom up
PhotoGrid_1577223432163.jpg

3) sharp hanging metal edge on trunk
PhotoGrid_1577223508607.jpg

4) trunk interior panel popping out, just pop it back in
20191224_132758.jpg

Otherwise, incredible vehicle!
20191224_133242.jpg