Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you keep your order and take delivery in 2020 and ordered before the cut off date, I think there’s still a chance they would do something. For those counting on the $1875 Federal Tax Credit, keep in mind it’s not a rebate but a credit on your 2019 IRS return IF you had enough tax liabilty on a certain line on the form to qualify for it.

If you keep your order and take delivery in 2020 and ordered before the cut off date, I think there’s still a chance they would do something. For those counting on the $1875 Federal Tax Credit, keep in mind it’s not a rebate but a credit on your 2019 IRS return IF you had enough tax liabilty on a certain line on the form to qualify for it.

It would be nice if they would do something, but if they drop prices anyways (with the tax credit going away) not really doing anybody a favor, just adding to the frustration of potential owners.

Good news! I got a call today stating that my car is on the lot today at Buena Park DC so I'll be picking it up later! I'm going to miss frantically roaming the forums in search of new information or relating with others during the waiting stage.

For some more background, I ordered on 11/27 and my original delivery appointment (12/27) was pushed back to 12/29 because the car was still in pre-production. I had a gut feeling that it was going to come a day before the new appointment.

I hope everyone here gets their car by the EOY!

same here! I might go later today to pickup!

It is not even the I 5 shut down near Grapevine causing the delay. From what it appears here is Tesla assigned tentative delivery schedule for folks who doesn't even have their dedicated car/VIN built yet. And later on Tesla found out they are failing to produce those cars and started to call out folks for not able to get the cars by EOY, when some folks who ordered at December and still got car delivered. This is just a totally crap show. Tesla is notorious for promising something they are not able to keep up with.

I feel sorry for those who received calls about failing delivery by the EOY. I might be one of them since I don't even know who is telling the truth from various Tesla guys I have been contacted with these days, yet I am still waiting for tentative delivery appointment as well.

Fanboys will always be fanboys but this time I pick sides to Tesla haters.

It is not even the I 5 shut down near Grapevine causing the delay. From what it appears here is Tesla assigned tentative delivery schedule for folks who doesn't even have their dedicated car/VIN built yet. And later on Tesla found out they are failing to produce those cars and started to call out folks for not able to get the cars by EOY, when some folks who ordered at December and still got car delivered. This is just a totally crap show. Tesla is notorious for promising something they are not able to keep up with.

I feel sorry for those who received calls about failing delivery by the EOY. I might be one of them since I don't even know who is telling the truth from various Tesla guys I have been contacted with these days, yet I am still waiting for tentative delivery appointment as well.

I totally agree with you. This is madness and unacceptable. You have ordered exactly same configuration car to mine and got the VIN and MVPA yesterday. I have only "tentative" delivery on 12/31 which is BS. The only differences are mine is for Costa Mesa, yours are for Buena Park and you made one day "later" than me. I don't understand what kind of logic is behind this happening.

I hope both you and I get the car by EOY, but I don't think I have any hope. Good luck to you!

The way this has gone, I could see myself a hater of Tesla corporate and fanboy of Tesla engineering and product development.

I totally agree with you. This is madness and unacceptable. You have ordered exactly same configuration car to mine and got the VIN and MVPA yesterday. I have only "tentative" delivery on 12/31 which is BS. The only differences are mine is for Costa Mesa, yours are for Buena Park and you made one day "later" than me. I don't understand what kind of logic is behind this happening.

I hope both you and I get the car by EOY, but I don't think I have any hope. Good luck to you!
Just visited a Tesla store as I couldn’t get through via phone for days. Supposedly “I will get my car by the 31st not 2020. I will get a call Monday to pick up my vinless, not yet built car”

Good lord, this has been one of the most convoluted and confusing car buying experience I've ever had and would really like some advice here.

Black/Black SR+ 19" wheel
Ordered on 11/17, SA "guaranteed" I will get the car by mid December
Got a text on 12/23 to schedule a delivery on 12/28
After seeing no VIN/MVPA on 12/27, gave them a call to confirm delivery is still on. Delivery guy was clueless so rescheduled to 12/29.
Got a call this morning saying I am not getting the car by end of year, "highly likely" first 2 weeks of January.
Less than 30 minutes later, got a text that my delivery is scheduled on "Sunday" 12/31 in Burlingame.
Call Burlingame and told them Sunday is not 12/31 -- they confirmed delivery for Tuesday 12/31.
Logged into my account -- now there's a MVPA and they want me to pay off the car, but still no VIN to be found.

I am already seriously considering just buying another car because, well... I need a car. I also have zero interest in giving Tesla a free loan if I am not getting the car until January, and have no idea who I can trust on their end.

I assume my experience isn't unique... does anyone know if getting MVPA mean anything if no VIN?

Good lord, this has been one of the most convoluted and confusing car buying experience I've ever had and would really like some advice here.

After seeing no VIN/MVPA on 12/27, gave them a call to confirm delivery is still on. Delivery guy was clueless so rescheduled to 12/29.
Got a call this morning saying I am not getting the car by end of year, "highly likely" first 2 weeks of January.
Less than 30 minutes later, got a text that my delivery is scheduled on "Sunday" 12/31 in Burlingame.
Call Burlingame and told them Sunday is not 12/31 -- they confirmed delivery for Tuesday 12/31.
Logged into my account -- now there's a MVPA and they want me to pay off the car, but still no VIN to be found.

I am already seriously considering just buying another car because, well... I need a car. I also have zero interest in giving Tesla a free loan if I am not getting the car until January, and have no idea who I can trust on their end.

I assume my experience isn't unique... does anyone know if getting MVPA mean anything if no VIN?
MVPA should have a VIN in there. At least it is on mine.

Look in MVPA . Both Page 1 and Page 2 has VIN