Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order 11/24 SR+ white/black 19’s was set for delivery on 12/30 in Burbank (never received Vin). Just got a call from Tesla saying my car will not being delivered EOY and can either buy from inventory or cancel for a full refund of my $100 order free. No compensation for tax credits if I decide to wait for early 2020 delivery which is what I can expect if I don’t cancel.

Oh wow - sorry to hear. They probably assigned your car to someone else in the mean time. You should push for a discount since you'll be out the tax credit.

Order 11/24 SR+ white/black 19’s was set for delivery on 12/30 in Burbank (never received Vin). Just got a call from Tesla saying my car will not being delivered EOY and can either buy from inventory or cancel for a full refund of my $100 order free. No compensation for tax credits if I decide to wait for early 2020 delivery which is what I can expect if I don’t cancel.

:( terrible. I'm still waiting for Vin / appointment / call anything from Tesla. Still nothing from my 12/4 stock order Sr+ order.

I was stressing out this whole time coz I got the message for delivery and the update that my car would be in the 12/28 batch. But I never got a Vin so I figured it wasn’t going to happen. I’m just glad they actually called and explained that they failed to meet global demand and the SR+ orders are the ones that will get pushed to Jan. The fed credit loss isn’t a deal breaker for me so I’m going to hang on and take delivery once’s the madness is over. Make sure I get a good quality build at the very least and a proper delivery with hopefully a wall charger or something thrown in. I’m super bummed but I still want the car and another week won’t really kill me. I can enjoy the EOY without anxiety. Hope you guys get your cars!

Picked up last night in Burbank.
Ordered 11/26 MSM P3D / Black Interior/ FSD
VIN in Source 12/21
Never got a text or call about delivery confirmation. Just saw 12/27 6:30PM in my profile without any option to edit it.
Sat through a 30 min orientation for owners which was boring for me since we already have a Model S. Paperwork took 2 minutes, handed over a check from my credit union. Finally got to see my car. Luckily no paint issues or panel gaps. FYI if you pick up at Burbank in the evening they park the cars outside where the lighting is really poor. Had to use my iPhone light to check over the car. Really happy right now.

I was stressing out this whole time coz I got the message for delivery and the update that my car would be in the 12/28 batch. But I never got a Vin so I figured it wasn’t going to happen. I’m just glad they actually called and explained that they failed to meet global demand and the SR+ orders are the ones that will get pushed to Jan. The fed credit loss isn’t a deal breaker for me so I’m going to hang on and take delivery once’s the madness is over. Make sure I get a good quality build at the very least and a proper delivery with hopefully a wall charger or something thrown in. I’m super bummed but I still want the car and another week won’t really kill me. I can enjoy the EOY without anxiety. Hope you guys get your cars!

I too got a call saying pretty much the same thing~ bummed but was kinda expecting it. Hope they will compensate us with something... I guess we shall see.

Ordered on 11/22 SR+ white/black 19’ wheels for delivery from Marina Del Rey. Got an a text and email on Friday for a delivery appointment Sunday 2pm. Was so excited but based on the stories l have been reading on here, I decided to call to confirm since no one had bothered to call me. Surprise surprise my SA said he doesn’t know and can’t confirm when the car will be delivered

Reactions: laketica
@ayb11 sorry to hear :( but at least they communicated this... that's more than anything they've done so far. >< but seriously - I hope that your car will at least be perfect since it won't be a rushed production!

@ILLest3 so you were also able to get back the $100 deposit? When did you order your car? I wonder if there's any method to this madness.

::wants to throw all her M3 floor mats, wheel locks, car cover in the incinerator:: why did I even buy this all in advance...

11/16 SD red/white, no VIN, no delivery. might as well make that my signature... :D

basically I guess now all the trucks have made it down to their final SoCal location and as they match the cars randomly to random buyers, they discover who they truly have no car for and have to start calling. But what about the guarantee on their website about "orders placed by Dec 8 will be available by dec 31 for the federal tax credit"?

Question - what kind of area code / phone number should I be expecting a call from?

I get so many spam phone calls that I don't even know what to answer...

I got a call from a 510 area code displayed as Fremont which is why I answered even though I was in a meeting. Don’t normally get spam from Fremont so figured it had to be Tesla.

I might just go down to a store and see if my SA can maybe inventory match me to some poor folks who couldn’t cancel vacation plans? Though part of me is just happy to have some clarity and I can forget about all the madness and let things happen as they will.

Reactions: laketica
Woohoo wait is over. Picked up in Burbank last night. Took my flashlight and spent good 30 mins looking it over and found no issues. Love this car. Nice upgrade from the Prius I
B774BE4A-F71E-4884-B742-03E6E3734897.jpeg
traded in. Lol

Ordered on 11/22 SR+ white/black 19’ wheels for delivery from Marina Del Rey. Got an a text and email on Friday for a delivery appointment Sunday 2pm. Was so excited but based on the stories l have been reading on here, I decided to call to confirm since no one had bothered to call me. Surprise surprise my SA said he doesn’t know and can’t confirm when the car will be delivered

Welp just got a call from Fremont cancelling my tentative scheduled delivery tomorrow. He said the car won’t be delivered until early 2020 and that there is no compensation for losing the credit. I am beyond pissed

Ordered white/black Sr+ Nov. 26
Buena Park delivery center
Vin assigned
Original delivery scheduled for 12/28 pushed to 12/29 yesterday and now just received message it will be 12/30 so frustrated
We had a family trip scheduled and keep having to rearrange things.

Last edited: