Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California vehicle rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am trying to get a signed a purchase agreement for model 3 but there is not one.

Has anyone faced this before? I have been asking Tesla folks who were involved during delivery but it seems strange and they seem to refer me to different folks.

It is very common, you don't need a signed purchase agreement. Did you get a Delivery Declaration when you picked up your car? If so, you can use that in lieu of having a signed MVPA.

Here is the link for CVRP Sample Supporting Documents:

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/site.../cvrp/documents/SampleSupportingDocuments.pdf

On Page 18, it shows what you need for Teslas. I went with Option 3 (Sample 4, 5 & 6).

Sample 4 Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement: Final Price Sheet and Sample 5 Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement: Vehicle Configuration Sheet should be in your Tesla account under "View Details" (they are together in one download). If you don't have that you will need to get from Tesla.

Yes, understood that but being the OP lives in the PG&E service area, wanted them to be aware of the situation as they file for their rebates and credits for the car. Bounced checks of $800 could cause people problems if they relied on the deposited funds to pay a few bills. The bouncing checks just started turning up in people’s accounts. Hate to see a fellow Tesla owner get burned by not knowing this and not everyone frequents the Calif thread where the original rebate post was made. The PG&E check was one of the first things we applied for when we could.

Yes, understood that but being the OP lives in the PG&E service area, wanted them to be aware of the situation as they file for their rebates and credits for the car. Bounced checks of $800 could cause people problems if they relied on the deposited funds to pay a few bills. The bouncing checks just started turning up in people’s accounts. Hate to see a fellow Tesla owner get burned by not knowing this and not everyone frequents the Calif thread where the original rebate post was made. The PG&E check was one of the first things we applied for when we could.
Thanks for the heads up on the checks.

I don't see download options in my Tesla account. I just see configuration but without tax or signature. I got loan agreement doc from Tesla but it has no signature either. Just frustrating to email for everything. Yes I am in the Bay area and can drive to Fremont but don't know if I get all docs there.

I don't see download options in my Tesla account. I just see configuration but without tax or signature. I got loan agreement doc from Tesla but it has no signature either. Just frustrating to email for everything. Yes I am in the Bay area and can drive to Fremont but don't know if I get all docs there.

Same thing happened to me. Rep who delivered car said it'll be up in my account same day. Checked next day and it wasn't there. Shot him a text and he had it emailed over right away as an attachment. It's still not in my account though. So try contacting your delivery rep.

Good to know about PG&E rebate checks. I had just submitted app earlier this week.

Here are the screen shots of where to click (first click on Manage for your M3):

2019-02-01.png
2019-02-01 (1).png

• Helpful
Reactions: YisSerL
All the necessary docs were emailed to me a day after I took delivery. Make sure you didn't miss the email. You could just request to have the docs emailed to you, if you can't find the agreement in your account.

I just sent Tesla an email. I checked the urgent/need supervisor box. Someone from Amsterdam, I kid you not, sent me an attachment with all my docs signed. My delivery rep said it would be uploaded to my account--and of course it didn't.

Hi all,

I am trying to get a signed a purchase agreement for model 3 but there is not one.

Has anyone faced this before? I have been asking Tesla folks who were involved during delivery but it seems strange and they seem to refer me to different folks.
I had this same problem. I got the run around for weeks. I finally just showed up at the Delivery Center and demanded a copy. They emailed me a copy in minutes.