Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all Colorado EV owners (public charging survey)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zaxxon

Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2012
Colorado
Via Plug-in America, I was notified about this survey from the Colorado State Energy Office and Regional Air Quality Council.

"With new funding for charging infrastructure set to become available very soon (i.e. through Charge Ahead funds, Alt. Fuel Colorado funds, and VW Settlement funds), EV drivers are being asked to complete the survey that will help inform where the state should invest in additional charging stations, including DC fast charging stations (DCFC). Please take a moment to complete the brief survey.

Your participation will help to ensure that future charging stations are placed in the best locations for all EV drivers. The survey should take no more than 3-5 minutes to complete.

Thank you!

Katherine Stainken

Policy Director, Plug In America"

As a Leaf owner, I focused on more DCFC on I70 west of Denver and on non-interstate mountain routes (eg Aspen, Gunnison) that are currently impossible for me to travel in our Leaf. Tesla owners may have a different perspective but the more responses the better in my book.

Reactions: roguenode
As a Leaf owner, I focused on more DCFC on I70 west of Denver and on non-interstate mountain routes (eg Aspen, Gunnison) that are currently impossible for me to travel in our Leaf. Tesla owners may have a different perspective but the more responses the better in my book.
The main Interstate highway corridors are covered for Tesla owners. But I'd like to see more public charge stations in the Salida area, San Luis Valley (Great Sand Dunes NP), and Fairplay. Tesla appears to have Supercharger Stations planned for Poncha Springs/Salida and Alamosa, so my needs would be covered if those happen.

It wouldn't help me, but DCFC stations in Montrose, Ridgway, Ouray, and/or Telluride would open up a lot of scenic territory to LEAFs. (The problem, as always, is redundancy: what is "plan B" if a single nozzle DCFC station is in use, blocked, or broken?)

Way off the beaten track: the Gateway Canyons Resort, in scenic Gateway, has Tesla HPWCs and, reportedly, 14-50 outlets. They are available to those just passing through. The resort has a world class car museum, for those interested in such things. And there is a good hiking/biking trail system, on the surrounding BLM land, which I helped build over several years with Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado.

Last edited: