Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all military/ veteran owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for my attitude, but it was carefully honed over many years of watching soldiers in units figure out ways to get out of deploying: school, mental, physical, family, pregnancy, EFMP, drug abuse, insubordination, sudden injuries, etc, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Looks like the military is getting sick of it too. It's not effective or cohesive. Maybe the non-deployables could be aligned to the stateside jobs, so soldiers like you can deploy.

Deploy or get out: New Pentagon plan could boot thousands of non-deployable troops

The Army National Guard wants to cut down on non-deployables, increase quality of training

BTW Thank you for your service. I don't know what you do and it doesn't really matter, as long as you served.

From the 2018 Guard Posture Statement:

After 9/11, our National Guard began its transition to the operational force it is today. Since then, Guard members have deployed more than 850,000 times to locations such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, the Balkans, Guantanamo Bay,and the Sinai. Today, we are an operational force that fights seamlessly with the joint force. With the implementation of Total Force initiatives with the Army and Air Force, we are more closely integrated than ever before.

http://www.nationalguard.mil/portal...8-National-Guard-Bureau-Posture-Statement.pdf

Count me in the super-bitter veteran category. I did >2 years at sea. Not 2 years of sea duty... actually 2 years floating in the ocean. ~8 hours a day every day 7/7 days a week in a 110F engine room; Most of the time I was deployable I was deployed. As a veteran most veterans just piss me off. IMO a veteran or active duty that drives a jeep is like a doctor that smokes.

If they don't understand the consequences of our addiction to petroleum then they're fools. I have zero respect for fools. If they understand and don't care then they're not patriots. If you serve under the banner of a county you really don't care about you're a mercenary. From my perspective >90% of 'veterans' are fools or mercenaries and get zero respect from me.....

I went to the commissary on Bangor a few days ago. It's 2018 and still no charging stations? WTF! Far from pride I feel like I wasted 8 years of my life.......

Last edited:
Aluminum Falcon is the name of our Tesla. My now 15 year old had wanted to name it Edison. I said that Edison is what you call a stolen Tesla. After much negotiation, we settled on Aluminum Falcon as a play on words as we love the Millennium Falcon and the Tesla is made of Aluminum...highlighted by the midnight silver paint job.

I served for 25 1/2 years ('85 - '10), all active duty Navy with first deployment to the gulf during the Iran-Iraq war in '89...

Shout out to all my past and current military Tesla owners! Who here has served and or currently serving with a Tesla? I’m currently stationed at JBLM Washington and a model S owner. There is one other model S owner I see on base that works at BDE. Saw one silver model 3 roming around on the air force side. Owning a Tesla in the military seems to be a unicorn since the vest majority military personal own Jeeps and muscle cars XD
US Navy/USMC 1966-1989 retired.

Count me in the super-bitter veteran category. I did >2 years at sea. Not 2 years of sea duty... actually 2 years floating in the ocean. ~8 hours a day every day 7/7 days a week in a 110F engine room; Most of the time I was deployable I was deployed. As a veteran most veterans just piss me off. IMO a veteran or active duty that drives a jeep is like a doctor that smokes.

If they don't understand the consequences of our addiction to petroleum then they're fools. I have zero respect for fools. If they understand and don't care then they're not patriots. If you serve under the banner of a county you really don't care about you're a mercenary. From my perspective >90% of 'veterans' are fools or mercenaries and get zero respect from me.....

I went to the commissary on Bangor a few days ago. It's 2018 and still no charging stations? WTF! Far from pride I feel like I wasted 8 years of my life.......
Speaking of which... that’s whole another conversation, but, when are they going to start adding charging stations on base?? I mean, we now have alternative fuel on base but nothing to support the growing EV market?? The hell

Thanks to everyone for your service. I was a Navy ETR from 1968 to 1974. Thought about becoming a Warrant Officer but the ex-wife was extremely unhappy about it. I loved the Navy. I matured very quickly.
Almost my story. I was Navy ETN from 1971 to 1977. I had a draft number in the mid 300's so would never have been drafted, but growing up as a child of WWII my greatest fear was being a Grandpa with my grandchild sitting on my knee asking what I did during the war and telling him I had a high draft number so stayed home. Volunteered for Vietnam but was sent to the Philippines instead. Spent 4 years there, but did get to Vietnam twice before the war ended on Temp duty. The Navy did not trust me with a gun so I carried a tool box around when I was in Da Nang and Saigon. My plan was to sign up for OCS after discharge and finish Navy career as a Zero. Figured to at least make O4 in the next 14 years or so. Anyway, got talked into grad school and became a MBA/CPA instead. I did get to Iraq in 2006/2007 (as a contract employee). Again they did not trust me with a gun but I did carry around a backpack full of cash. It is good no one new what I carried as I had little to protect myself with. Under the radar, as they say. The most I ever carried was just under $2 million. Amazing how many $100 bills will fit into a backpack....

My wife is retired Navy Corpsman, now a Nurse at the Naval Hospital San Diego.

Speaking of which... that’s whole another conversation, but, when are they going to start adding charging stations on base?? I mean, we now have alternative fuel on base but nothing to support the growing EV market?? The hell
They are starting to appear on some bases (most typically at NEXs). The NEX at Bethesda Naval Hospital has two in the parking garage (lower level, under the roof)....

Air Force 1970-1979 SEA OV-10 Nahkon Phenom RTAFB; Stateside training command at Sheppard AFB, TX. Toledo OHANG 1980-1983 A-7. Now live across the river from Patrick AFB, FL

Thanks to all of you for serving. More people should serve the country somehow.

Folks at Lowe's always thank me for my service; It may not have always been a pleasure but I figure it was my duty.

2016 Black 90D. New in Jun 2016: 90000 miles today; think I like the car? NO MO ICE!

It's a shame that your experience (and that of others) was not good. But you should understand that resenting the smart ones is as useless as hating the rich. You simply failed to look after your best interests, and still don't recognize that.

I prepared for my service with intensive study. Then I required that my recruiter sign me up for a guaranteed job. I worked hard on the exams and made top grades in the six month tech school. And I was rewarded with a great tour of duty in Europe working for SHAPE and a great boss.

Others had jobs like yours but benefited in other ways. You reap what you sow.

It's a shame that your experience (and that of others) was not good. But you should understand that resenting the smart ones is as useless as hating the rich. You simply failed to look after your best interests, and still don't recognize that.

I prepared for my service with intensive study. Then I required that my recruiter sign me up for a guaranteed job. I worked hard on the exams and made top grades in the six month tech school. And I was rewarded with a great tour of duty in Europe working for SHAPE and a great boss.

Others had jobs like yours but benefited in other ways. You reap what you sow.

I think you misunderstand my post. I'm resentful that people who purport to serve their country as patriots continue to destroy it with an addiction to fools fuel..... Service Members should be LEADING the transition away from fools fuel... instead they mostly scorn it.

The financial sacrifice of buying a slightly more expensive EV is a rounding error compared to the sacrifices myself and others have made from military service. The fact so many fail to take such simple steps is to me unforgivable. To say I'm furious that in 2018... ~99% of NEW cars sold in this country cannot move without burning petroleum is an understatement. It's absolutely pathetic.

I'm not bitter because of my experience. I'm bitter because my sacrifices are wasted on an ungrateful nation too self-absorbed with fancy cars and dirty energy to do the right thing.... Sure... they say they 'honor' veterans. If they want to truly honor our service they need to take the small steps required to ensure it wasn't for nothing and break our pathetic addiction to fools fuel.... Talk is cheap. It's long past time for decisive action.

Last edited: