Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling high mileage, long term owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is my 3 year anniversary for my S60. It has 51.5k miles on it. I bought the ESA -- the terms change allowing a pro-rated refund if I sell before 100k miles (which I'll likely hit before the clock runs out) changed my mind on it.

I had a handful of issues early on -- the charger died on day 9, it came with a cracked on the interior mirror, alignment problems. Those were all fixed under warranty. I also had a drive unit replacement done about 9 months in -- the SC manager drove the car to help diagnose one of the alignment issues, and noticed the motor whine that I thought was normal. The only other problem I had was one of the pano roof rails had to be replaced about a year ago -- the roof would not always close all the time and would stutter on opening. There were a few TSBs applied -- one of the coolant pumps replaced, a brake line replaced since it was rubbing (the TSB was applied to prevent that from happening again), etc. But other than the pano roof, all that work was done over the first ~14 months from delivery.

Since going over $50k, I've had to have one door handle replaced, and I've started to notice a minor smell coming from the AC vents. The door handle was unusual -- it presented, but was not always opening the door from the outside (sometimes it would, other times it wouldn't). There is apparently a TSB regarding the AC smell, and parts are now on order.

Vin 46XX P85 2013. I has been a great car. I got a CPO with 9,300 miles in May 2015. I now have around 65K miles. Only issue I have had was the battery connectors that Tesla proactively called me about to have replaced. Other than that is has been an amazing car and bought my wife an X due to how great the car has been. I did have it in for service for one of the recommended services . I bought some after market rims and Tesla will not rotate the tires which is annoying. I get 253 miles fully charged. I would have no issue buying a high mileage Tesla from Tesla.

Reactions: Phoenixhawk101