Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling the HV Battery Swap Experts...1088790-00-A into a 2013 S85 Help needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! I have a unique opportunity to install a 1088790-00-A battery pack into my 2013 Model S85. I work at a parts facility and we purchased a Model X with other intentions but are now going to be parting it out. This vehicle only has 32k on it so I'm assuming the pack is going to be much healthier than my much higher mileage unit.

If I am reading correctly...the pack will physically install the same as my 85, but I will need additional gateway configuration work outside of just the standard firmware redeploy. I am looking for assistance on planning this swap as I will be doing it on a lift at my works facility on a weekend and would need to be able to drive the car home after the swap.

Can anybody give me an exact answer of what needs done/changed so I can line this all up in advance?

Thanks

Physically all pre-refresh S/X packs are the same
Yes it should work (that part # is 90kwh 400v pack) with just a gateway change n software re-deploy
I've only read of one case on FB group where non-awd pack didn't work for awd car (ended up being BMS difference only), but its opposite for u, maybe not a problem.
Only confirmed case on here that i know of was for swapping like for like.

wk057 (currently silent) claims he can put in any pack n make it work.
There's a spreadsheet floating around with what car can accept what pack, can't recall the thread now...

Physically all pre-refresh S/X packs are the same
Yes it should work (that part # is 90kwh 400v pack) with just a gateway change n software re-deploy
I've only read of one case on FB group where non-awd pack didn't work for awd car (ended up being BMS difference only), but its opposite for u, maybe not a problem.
Only confirmed case on here that i know of was for swapping like for like.

wk057 (currently silent) claims he can put in any pack n make it work.
There's a spreadsheet floating around with what car can accept what pack, can't recall the thread now...
Here's the one from @wk057

Don't know if his spreadsheet is still current. Tesla Model S/X Battery Upgrade Compatibility - Google Drive

Reactions: brainhouston