Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camborne (Cornwall) Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Cambourne Supercharger a thing? ABRP suggests that it is, but I can't see it on the Tesla Supercharger map. I did a quick search of the forums and found reference to it, but didn't spot any messages saying that it had closed or been removed.

Any ideas? I'm taking the fam to Cornwall tomorrow, so it'd be handy to know if it's a mirage or not :)

1680861342783.png
1680861310267.png

Reactions: Mikey321
Thanks folks.

Am I using the wrong Tesla Supercharger map on the web? Tongham isn't on there either, but both it and Cambourne show up in the car!
You can view them all in the Tesla App - if any help?
Click Location then Zoom out.

If you then zoom in a region, nearby chargers for that location will then populate for the centre of the map.

Reactions: SimonV and djtaylor
Thanks folks.

Am I using the wrong Tesla Supercharger map on the web? Tongham isn't on there either, but both it and Cambourne show up in the car!

The only supercharger I can see, South / West of Exeter (in Tesla Web map), is Lifton

Can't see Cambridge or Chelmsford either ... and (at a glance) can't see those on the "Supercharger Address page" either

I reckon Something Gone Wrong ...

I tend to do my route-planning on the desktop, as I find it easier to work out how good the facilities are that way

Try ABetterRoutePlanner? That does have Camborne

Thanks folks.

Camborne SuC definitely exists (I’ve charged there several times). It’s also showing live updates on the map within the Tesla app.

So put it down to some random weirdness going on with their regular desktop / web-based map.

Reactions: DeejUK
Thanks, I didn't know that. I tend to do my route-planning on the desktop, as I find it easier to work out how good the facilities are that way. It seems like Tesla's own web-based map is really out-of-date though!
The facilities on site aren't great - the cafe has never been open when I've been there.
There is a KFC just across the dual-carriageway, though.

Is Cambourne Supercharger a thing?

Any ideas? I'm taking the fam to Cornwall tomorrow, so it'd be handy to know if it's a mirage or not :)

Is Cambourne Supercharger a thing? ABRP suggests that it is, but I can't see it on the Tesla Supercharger map. I did a quick search of the forums and found reference to it, but didn't spot any messages saying that it had closed or been removed.

Any ideas? I'm taking the fam to Cornwall tomorrow, so it'd be handy to know if it's a mirage or not
Yes, very much a thing, we used it a few days ago, just drive back home from that way this morning.
My planned stop on the way down was Lifting but I had to split a charge with someone else. That gave us a charge much slower than intended so I added just enough to get to Camborne.
It's at the college, of that makes it easier to find.
Crappy charge on the way home at Michael's wood services. I picked the ones that was faulty, started to charge but at 24kWh, then when we'd walked all the way to the services, checked to find it had stopped and wouldn't restart, on walking back, then got an email to inform me of overstay charge.