Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Came out to a broken screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I understanding this correctly? You've been a Model S owner for 6 years and have not participated on this site in all that time, then your first post is to suggest starting a class action lawsuit against Tesla because they won't fix something for free that happened after your car was out of warranty?

You did say you would appreciate help on how to deal with SC without having to escalate to a lawsuit. Instead of dealing with the SC, have you tried the executive escalation option under Support after logging into your account? (I realize many owners have reported not getting a followup response, but maybe you at least try to exhaust that option before invoking the lawyers.) Just a suggestion.

I respect your feedback. 1. I really did not know about this site until I started to research the issue. 2. Not only I have tried the executive option. I also send them a formal notice to which they responded with a boilerplate letter. 3. A class action may be an option, but for me, I am not willing to accept BS answer from the manufacturer to what is clearly a product defect issue. So I vote with my wallet and started the process to bring a personal lawsuit first. Hopefully, it will benefit others.

I hate to say this... but I do think we need a class action lawsuit regarding this. Because it isn’t normal and a obvious defect. Even with that being said I still support Tesla 120%. I really believe Elon and the team are working on some many things they might not notice the small issues

I love the company. But just because they are working on so many things it does not give them the excuse to stiff early adopters. Your comment is fine with me when it comes to unwarranted class action by shareholders (currently in the news) but, as far as I am concern if you build a product that is intended to be used in conditions where interior temp gets hot you should a) anticipate it and b) use materials that can withstand it.

I have a early 2013 Model S. Today I noticed my screen looks exactly like the picture above. Plus some sappy goo is dripping from the bottom of the screen. Contacting service today.

Guess I'd better order another screen protector for when they replace the screen.