Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera-Based Detection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new Camera-Based Detection setting is nice (and it seems to be off by default).

However do anyone know if it is possible to have Camera-Based Detection when at certain locations and just sentry With Camera-Based Detection off at home.

I Was thinking it might be possible as the settings Seem to shift around based on location. (Have sentry disable at home and it seems to shift the settings around when at home)

The new Camera-Based Detection setting is nice (and it seems to be off by default).

The cameras were on by default for me, with that firmware update, on both my 2018 Model 3 Performance and my Wifes 2022 Model Y performance. When I saw that in the release notes, I checked to make sure the cameras were on for sentry mode since I dont use location based sentry, I turn it on manually when we want it on (grocery stores, etc).

When I do turn it on, however, I want the cameras so I wanted to make sure they were still being used, and they were.

Perhaps the default setting has to do with what you were using before, or perhaps its country dependent or some other trigger.

Reactions: Daekwan
Interestingly it Was on for when at work and off at home.. (but sentry still on). And not profile based.. #confused

But would be a nice feature to set it for specific places (ie lots of traffic at work so always 60+ events)

However do anyone know if it is possible to have Camera-Based Detection when at certain locations and just sentry With Camera-Based Detection off at home.

I Was thinking it might be possible as the settings Seem to shift around based on location. (Have sentry disable at home and it seems to shift the settings around when at home)
If i'm understanding your post,
mine came with sentry on by default.
turned it off for home (there is a checkbox in the security settings for this)
anywhere else I go, the sentry mode is on.

I assume you have to set your 'home' in the navigation? Or it just knows through your app? Not sure but I did set my home in the nav.