Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geo location based backup camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys,

I’m wondering if there is any setting to turn on the backup camera automatically if I reached at certain locations?

When I get to my work at time I don’t get good parking and have to get thru very narrow parking, same thing with my other property. So I would prefer to have my backup camera turned on automatically.

I know it’s just inches away and all those things….. but still!!

Hum? Aren’t the backup and side cameras automatically on, when you shift into reverse?

If you’re not going in reverse, then there’s no reason to have the back up camera, unless you wanted the side cameras.

That being said, I don’t recall any option related to turning the cameras on for certain locations.

Not sure what the OP is trying to do, but I use my backup cameras when driving into my garage (forward), because it’s a more reliable way to see where to stop than using Park Assist in its current form. I’m not aware of any location-based camera setting, but few people would need one.

Guys,

I’m wondering if there is any setting to turn on the backup camera automatically if I reached at certain locations?

When I get to my work at time I don’t get good parking and have to get thru very narrow parking, same thing with my other property. So I would prefer to have my backup camera turned on automatically.

I know it’s just inches away and all those things….. but still!!
No. But you can add it to the toolbar so that it's a single push to turn on.

Reactions: Ritu_o0o
Hum? Aren’t the backup and side cameras automatically on, when you shift into reverse?

If you’re not going in reverse, then there’s no reason to have the back up camera, unless you wanted the side cameras.

That being said, I don’t recall any option related to turning the cameras on for certain locations.
Yes it does, but I’m talking about getting in the garage or parking in the forward parking space!

Not sure what the OP is trying to do, but I use my backup cameras when driving into my garage (forward), because it’s a more reliable way to see where to stop than using Park Assist in its current form. I’m not aware of any location-based camera setting, but few people would need one.
Yes that is exactly I wanted it too! I know I can click a button to get it on but if there is a way to open it as soon as I come close to garage that would be awesome (just like a homelink)

Yes that is exactly I wanted it too! I know I can click a button to get it on but if there is a way to open it as soon as I come close to garage that would be awesome (just like a homelink)
There isn’t, but you can also use a voice command if that’s easier than tapping the icon.

It’s possible some third party Tesla apps provide features that would let you turn on the camera based on location. I don’t know, but others might.

Reactions: Ritu_o0o
The rear camera seems to be a default on the bottom for both my cars, but if it isn't for you, just change one of them and add it. It's a single button that I can press and if I remember correctly it's a large dot surrounded by a circle.. A single button to get the rear camera to turn on.

Reactions: KevinT3141
The rear camera seems to be a default on the bottom for both my cars, but if it isn't for you, just change one of them and add it. It's a single button that I can press and if I remember correctly it's a large dot surrounded by a circle.. A single button to get the rear camera to turn on.
Yes you are right, it is just a button, just like opening up garage door by pushing a button but people prefer automatic way and willing to pay approx $250 for homelink.

I’m looking for a similar setup!