Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera view while summoning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cameras would help a lot at this point, 4 views of the car wouldn’t need your eyes on the car

It would be like watching a drone
Crash a drone and you are out a couple of $100 but......

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 6.51.33 PM.png

I can see the logic there - but I can also see a downside. Humans can only look at one thing at a time, and everything around it blurs out. If you had 4 camera feeds streaming, you could only focus on 1 at a time, moving your eyes around to each of them. You'd likely focus on the rear camera if it's backing up, but you might catch some movement out of the corner of your eye on the left repeater camera, so you stop looking at the back camera and focus on the left repeater. You can see where this is going. Now - take all that into consideration, and you're not paying ANY attention to what's happening with the actual car, you're just focusing on the feeds on your phone. You don't see that [insert object here] or the car turning into your parking lane (at least until the camera feeds spot it), so you may miss important information.
I think you could get a more accurate idea of what’s going on around the car with the cameras than looking at the car from a distance

Remember the fsd is supposed to do most of the work already, the cameras are just there on your phone for peace of mind