Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can’t search owners manual in Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when I go to search something in the owners manual located on board, I cannot get results. I enter the terms and press the search icon, and nothing happens .instead, there is an alphabetical list of topics.. if I continuously scroll down, I can find what I’m looking for. Any remedies for this?

The issue was searching in the vehicle. I can always search with my ipad/phone/computer. All that being said I found the answer. After a search the number of results will appear in the search bar ( i.e. 0/6). Meaning six found 0 shown. Beside that are up. “^” and down {SRI can’t find the down caret} arrows. Using them will take you to the highlighted word of your search .

Upvote 0
Download the PDF and search away.
Is the available PDF updated every time my car is updated? It's a pain to have to do two downloads (the car update and the pdf to my phone) but I guess I'm OK with doing that but only if I'm assured I'm not wasting my time because the PDF hasn't been updated.

And another question: is the manual on my car specific for my vehicle's software, or a general one? I know there are a lot of features I don't have because I'm on the FSDbollocks update stream. What I don't know is if the general manual includes their documentation or if there is a specific manual for each update.

Upvote 0