Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can anyone enhance this photo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I downloaded the footage and tried making it more legible with some tools, but I got no new information beyond my initial guess. Sorry.
I played around with it also and didn't have much better results than the level adjustments I did in the earlier post. Basically for the shots that the plate is closer, there is either too much motion blur or lens blur (being close to edge), or the lighting didn't provide enough contrast. For shots further away, there is more contrast, but not enough resolution. It's not easy to do frame averaging manually.

This (along with Sentry battery drain) is why I opted to have a different solution for monitoring during parking (currently using 1080p Wyze V3s and V2s) and even so, sometimes even that is not enough resolution (plus heavy compression and relatively slow frame rates). Probably need something like 4K with a larger and faster sensors to really be reliable in capturing license plates.

I know this may not be as high priority for the police, but perhaps they have better tools and could ID the car with only a few digits?
Yes they do, a lot of police departments have software that can enhance video, like the software below:
Video Enhancement Examples | Amped FIVE

However, they might not use it for property damage cases. I don't know what extent they can search DMV records, but with the vehicle model (Obviously a Honda Odyssey) and a partial plate number, they may be able to narrow down results by a lot.

In my search, I found a video tool that claims to be free:
VideoCleaner FREE forensic video enhancement software - Finalizing

Yes they do, a lot of police departments have software that can enhance video, like the software below:
Video Enhancement Examples | Amped FIVE

However, they might not use it for property damage cases. I don't know what extent they can search DMV records, but with the vehicle model (Obviously a Honda Odyssey) and a partial plate number, they may be able to narrow down results by a lot.

In my search, I found a video tool that claims to be free:
VideoCleaner FREE forensic video enhancement software - Finalizing
I’ll try it out thx