Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone explain why Tesla is not allowing bi-directional charging from all its cars, except CT???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you all for your valuable information!

This main reason I posted this thread was not just about Tesla vehicles, but also about Tesla Energy business!

If Tesla wants to accelerate earth's the transition to Solar energy, by far the most efficient way seems to be via RoofTop solar generation!

Each and every stand alone single family home has enough roof surface to generate ALL their electricity needs including, transportation, heating/cooling and even cooking vis induction stoves. Note no extra battery backups will not be needed! In other words, total self sufficiency as far as energy needs are concerned! Perhaps a micro grid to balance the electrical load within a neighborhood.

How do we finance this you ask? There are about 100 million homes in this country. The average home price in the United States was $495,100 in the second quarter of 2023, according to the Census Bureau and Department of Housing and Urban Development. A HELOC can unlock your home's equity to fund home renovations. One can tailor the monthly payments to match their current monthly electricity bill, and go RTS without spending a extra cent more than they are already paying. After about 10 years, they will be getting free electricity.

What about multi family units, high rise buildings and commercial market you ask?
1. Why not convert ALL parking lots to have Solar canopy? This will not only generate electricity but also provide shade for vehicles, especially in the summer. Anyone from South West???
2. Note just a single parking space (10'x20') can generate enough energy for an average home. Also note there are 8 times as many parking lots as there are cars! That is approximately 1.6 Billion parking lots.
3. All the cities could use the state owned median space of high ways could be used to install solar canopies to meet their electricity needs.

What are the advantages you ask?
1. No more fossil fuel juggernaut and complete and total independence from corporations and countries that own fossil fuel business.
2. No immediate need to create new power generation companies, like the so called advanced nuclear generator proposed by Bill Gates!
3. Diverting all the efforts to manufacturing and deploying of Tesla Mega packs, there will be no need for piker power plants.
4. No need for new or upgrading of Transmission grids, saving US Trillions of dollars.

I believe in Elon's vision "free energy is shining over your head - capture it- use it"

why not, ha ha ha???

Do you actually have solar and or batteries installed anywhere on property you own? Most of the people who start spouting off all this stuff about "everyone has enough roof to generate their own power!!" Havent gone through a solar / PV install.

Upvote 0
Small backyard nuclear reactors is the solution. Not as much danger if the worst happens, and very efficient. Don't need wires over long distances. Weather and solar issues are gone.

Wall Street Journal:
1719108783719.png

Upvote 0
No, they don’t.

But they ARE needed. Cars are not always at home.

No, it cant.
No, they don’t.

But they ARE needed. Cars are not always at home.

No, it cant.

Do you actually have solar and or batteries installed anywhere on property you own? Most of the people who start spouting off all this stuff about "everyone has enough roof to generate their own power!!" Havent gone through a solar / PV install.

I live in MA. I have a Tesla RTS system rated at 7.8kW that has been generating around 10MWh annually, or the past 6 years! This meets all my electricity needs plus my Model S, which has over 95k miles. No battery yet, hence this tread. However, I use gas for heating and cooking,,,

My system has 24 panels, 2'x4' that comes out to 192 sq feet...Granted 200 sq feet was a bit of a stretch, if you include heating...

My point was, most of the homes have enough roof surface, to generate all the energy they need, even in New England.

Upvote 0